xvi.

xvi.

“Okay, you ready to go home?” Dr. Arthur asked as Liam finished throwing on his shirt.

Liam nodded excitedly, tired of being cooped up in the hospital for the past month. He had an easy recovery and, now, only one kidney, but he was still the same kid as before. If anything, Liam thought that the loss of his kidney made him cooler. He was different than the other kids, but Liam knew that it’d be alright.

“Ready champ?” Harry asked as he gently scooped him up and put him in the wheelchair that was set there for him.

“Where are Daddy and Zaynie?” Liam asked as Harry grabbed the last bag Liam had that was full of toys and cards from the hospital staff while he was staying with them.

“They’re right down the hall, just checking you out,” Harry said as he wheeled Liam out of the room. Dr. Arthur held the door open for them before walking down the occupied corridor with them.

“Are you sure he’ll be okay for school? I mean, it starts in a few weeks, and I don’t want it to be too much for him,” Harry blabbered as Dr. Arthur just smiled at him.

“Yes, Liam will be fine. He just needs to rest up while he’s at home, but he’s free to play safely. Worse comes to worse, he gets evaporated by aliens,” Dr. Arthur said nonchalantly.

“Will they give me superpowers?” Liam piped up from his wheelchair.

“Only if you ask politely,” Arthur said as he winked at Liam. Liam giggled, and Harry smirked as he rolled his eyes. Liam had grown quite fond of the Robinsons, and he couldn’t blame his son. They were a wonderful pair of people.

By the time the caught up to Louis at the checkout desk, he looked a bit frazzled with all the paperwork. Zayn, on the other hand, was licking a lollipop given to him by the front desk as he sat on the counter. Harry grimaced a bit, knowing that Zayn probably threw a ‘tantrum’ trying to get the treat.

Zayn’s ‘tantrums’ weren’t really tantrums at all. He just got really quiet and huffed a lot. He didn’t wail, but when he did, it was serious sadness or fear. Liam, being the complete opposite, never could quite tell when his brother was upset. He knew basic things, like he smiles when he’s happy, and he whines when he’s hungry, but that was about it. Louis probably knew Zayn the best.

Louis, considering he spent most of the time with the boys, just knew how to handle Zayn. That’s why when he looked over the paperwork frantically, he wasn’t too worried about Zayn at the moment. Zayn was content, until he was done with the lollipop. Then Louis would have to worry, but he doubted it would take that long to resolve everything in front of him.

Louis attentively was listening to the lady at the front desk, about the things they could do to help Liam and so on and so forth, but when he saw Liam, Louis smiled and just took the paper work, and of course his other son perched on the counter top, away and came up to the other half of his family, still accompanied by the doctor.

“We all set?” Harry asked as Louis came up.

“Yep!” Louis said with a grin as he readjusted his glasses. “You ready to go home honey?”

“Yeah!” Liam said excitedly. Zayn cheered and Louis and Harry just smiled at their two children, wondering what they did to be blessed with two wonderful children.

“Well let’s head on our way then,” Louis said before turning to Dr. Robinson. “We can’t thank you enough doctor.”

“Please, I enjoyed working with Liam here,” he said with a shrug. “I didn’t notice any temper though.”