xxiv.

xxiv.

The next week was probably one of Harry’s most stressful weeks he had ever experienced. It was so hard remaining calm after coming back from the hospital that night to a silent house. Everyone had gone to bed, but Harry was wide awake. He had stayed with Niall most of the night and just watched the baby sleep.

Harry had decided, that night, that Niall would be his present to Louis for his birthday. Harry was anxious though, because he had put so much planning and time into this present. It was a bit devious but thanks to his mum and Gemma, he had figured out how to go about things.

It had taken almost every day, but Harry somehow managed to paint the room, sneak in baby equipment, and keep his family outside of the room. Of course, when Louis asked what Harry was doing, Harry would tell him the truth. Kind of.

Louis, on the other hand, believed he was getting an extravagant gift because Harry had told him constantly that he was working on his present, and Louis was excited. The boys were excited because their Daddy was excited.

So when Louis woke up on his birthday to an empty bed, he was a bot disheartened. He looked over at his bedside table to see a note. He sat up and read the note which said:

‘Picking up the last piece of your present. Be ready around midday. Love you. –H xx’

Louis looked over and saw that it was already a quarter to eleven. He jumped out of bed and ran to the doorway only to almost fall on top of Liam and Zayn, who were sitting in the doorway.

“Morning Daddy!” Liam called out excitedly as Zayn waved, still tired although he had gotten plenty of sleep.

“Oh morning guys,” Louis said as he squatted on the floor next to them. “What are you guys doing?”

“We can’t tell you,” Liam said.

“You can’t?” Louis asked as he smirked a bit. “I mean, aren’t you allowed to tell me everything? I mean, I am your Daddy.”

Liam shook his head, but Zayn cracked easily, knowing he wanted to keep his Daddy happy.

“Dada said we can’t!” Zayn blurted out suddenly. It took Louis and Liam by surprise since Zayn wasn’t the type of child to blurt out things, but when they got their wits about them, Liam just shook his head at his brother.

“We aren’t supposed to say anything Zee!” Liam whined as he pouted at his younger brother. Zayn whimpered a bit until Louis plopped on his bum and sat the youngest child in his lap.

“It’s alright Li. Zaynie here just didn’t want Daddy to be the dark,” Louis cooed as Zayn nodded his head. Zayn had only found out because he was already up this morning and Harry told him he was getting a surprise for Daddy and not to tell anyone; so naturally he went and told Liam, but when he realized he left Louis out, he felt terrible. Zayn didn’t want anyone to feel left out, ever.

“Oh,” Liam said slowly, putting an emphasis on the ‘o’. “Well I guess that’s okay then. As long as we don’t tell you what you’re getting.”

“And why can’t you tell me that Liam James?” Louis asked as he tickled Liam. Liam squealed and succumbed to his father’s fast fingers.

“Well we don’t know what it is!” Liam said as he squeezed on Louis’ lap with Zayn.

“You two don’t know what I’m getting either?” Louis asked, astonished that Harry had told no one.

Both of the boys honestly shook their heads, because it was the truth. They knew that he was receiving a present, yet, they didn’t know what it was exactly.