Gold

I walk into the club and it’s absolute madness.  All eyes are on me. Crowds of people rush to my side. 

“Congrats on your first place, y/n.”  Random club goers say to me as I make my way towards the bar.  I smile and say thank you. Getting gold at the X Games gets you a lot of attention. I knew my chances of winning women’s slopestyle were slim, but I still hoped for it.

“What can I get for ya?”  The bartender asks me as I take a seat at the bar. 

“This girl got gold today, Bobby.  Make her the best drink you have.”  The person next to me says. I look over and see that it’s Torstein Horgmo.

“He got gold today, too.  Get him the same drink as mine.”  I call out to the bartender. 

“I don’t think we’ve actually met before.”  Torstein says as we shake hands. 

“No we haven’t.  I’m y/n.”  I tell him.  He rolls his eyes and laughs.

“I know who you are.”  Torstein says as he sips the drink in front of him. 

“I brought a few rounds of shots to celebrate your gold’s.”  The bartender tells us as he sets down a tray of shots on the bar.  I turn to Torstein who has a giant grin on his face.

“I’m not taking shots.”  I say as I shake my head.  I have so much press to do tomorrow.  I don’t want to be hung-over during all of it, but Torstein doesn’t seem to care.

“Oh come on.  A few shots won’t kill you.  Plus, you’ve already won.  Now just have some fun.”  Torstein says as he hands me one of the shot glasses.  We do a quick cheers and then tip them back.

“Ahh that tasted terrible.”  I say without thinking.  I don’t have much time to recover before Torstein hands me another shot.

“You’re kidding?”  I ask, but Torstein insists.  We take the shot and I’m definitely feeling it.  “You’re getting me drunk.”

“We’re winners.  We’re allowed to get drunk.”  Torstein tells me.  He holds up another shot.  I don’t protest this time. 

Twenty minutes later, and I’m a mess.  My words are slurring and the room is spinning, but I don’t mind. 

“How have we never met before?  You’re like the coolest chick ever.”  Torstein says excitedly as he wraps his arm around my shoulder.

“I know, right?  I only just met you, and we’re already like best friends.”  I say drunkenly.  Torstein squeezes me tighter and pulls me closer to him.  Our faces are nearly touching.

“Come with me.”  Torstein whisper.  I give him a confused look, but agree anyways.  We stand up from the bar.  Torstein keeps his arm around my shoulder as we head in the direction of the bathrooms.

“Where are we going?”  I ask, but Torstein just smiles.  We reach the front of the bathroom doors and finally Torstein stops.  He turns towards me and kisses me, with his arm still resting on my shoulders.  I move in closer to him to eliminate all the distance between us.

“I’m sorry, but I just really wanted to kiss you.  I didn’t want anyone to see, so I brought us to the bathrooms.  It seemed like a good idea back at the bar.”  Torstein says with a smile.  “So romantic.”

 “I like the privacy.”  I tell Torstein as I lean in to kiss him again. 

“Aww” Some girl coos as she walks past us. 

“Ok so it’s not that private…” I say to Torstein. 

“Oh don’t let me stop you.  Go back to making out.  You guys are going to be my new favorite snowboarding couple.”  The girl tells us as she walks into the bathroom.  Torstein and I laugh, and then we do as she says and go back to kissing.