11

Sadly, Jungkook was wrong.

The rain was falling heavily and the sky was bright due to the lightning. The two boys were sprinting through the forest trying to get out and back home as fast as possible.

''Gukkie slow down!'' Taehyung yelled as he tried to catch up to the boy who was sprinting away from the rain as if his life depended on it.

The nickname alone was enough to make Jungkook's legs stop moving. Taehyung didn't realize that he had stopped fast enough and ended up running into his back, almost falling by doing so.

''Sorry...'' He murmured as he grabbed onto Jungkook's shoulders to steady himself.

''Are you okay?'' Jungkook asked as he turned his head to look at the other.

''I'm wet.'' Taehyung giggled, Jungkook let out a soft chuckle then took one of Taehyung's hands pulling the boy in front of him so that he wouldn't lose him again.

''We'll be home soon.'' Jungkook assured as he wrapped his arm around the boy's waist then pulled him along, no longer caring that the rain was falling down on him.

''Wait where are we?'' Taehyung asked, his body automatically moving closer to Jungkook.

''We're in Neverland.'' Jungkook joked hoping Taehyung still remembered.

''Really?!'' The boy's eyes lit up in enthusiasm meaning he in fact did remember. ''It's been a while since we went there, do you think they'll still remember us?''

''I'm not sure.'' Jungkook spoke with a fond smile on his lips.

''Do you think they took care of our treehouse?''

''We'll check some other time, when it's not raining.''

''Yeah, you're right, you're not supposed to be around trees when there's thunder and lightning.'' Oh how Jungkook hoped Taehyung wouldn't realize they were literally surrounded by trees.

As if on cue, the sky lit up as a lighting struck and not long after the loud crashing sound of thunder was heard causing Taehyung to wrap his arms around Jungkook in fear. Once again, Jungkook was left frozen in shock as he realized Taehyung had buried his head into the crook of his neck as if that would keep him safe from the lighting and thunder.

''Hey, hey...'' Jungkook spoke as he rubbed the boy's back. ''It's okay, c'mon let's go so we can get inside.'' Jungkook tried to encourage Taehyung to keep going, but another lighting struck and soon after thunder rumbled loudly making Taehyung tighten the grip he had on Jungkook. ''Tae calm down, it's okay...'' Jungkook tried to calm the boy down as he wrapped his arms around him.

He tried not to think of how it felt to hold the boy in his arms and instead focused on how to get them out of the woods while Taehyung refused to move, too scared to let go of Jungkook. He could feel the boy's chest vibrate meaning Taehyung was most likely crying out of fear.

''We can't stand here while it rains we have to get inside.'' He tried to encourage Taehyung to move, but considering Taehyung has always had a fear of thunder and the fact that they were stoned made everything even worse for the boy.

By now the pair were soaking wet, well at least Jungkook was, Taehyung on the other hand was pretty well shielded from the rain due to the embrace. The storm wasn't calming down anytime soon and Jungkook knew Taehyung wasn't going to move on his own.

''Tae, please let go for a bit.'' He spoke softly freeing himself from the boy's grip so that he could put him on his back and carry him back home. Taehyung didn't even process what was going on he just gripped onto Jungkook again as he felt the boy lift him up. And suddenly they were running, well Jungkook was, Taehyung just held onto him tightly as he tried to shut out the scary sounds of the thunder crashing.

He wasn't exactly sure when, but at some point the pair made it to his house. They were standing in the entrance room of Taehyung's house, raindrops dripping from their clothes. Jungkook was panting heavily as Taehyung held onto him feeling safe in his embrace.

''Gukie.... please stay for a bit.'' He murmured quietly, his eyes still shut close in fear.

''Of course bub.'' Jungkook replied as he squeezed the boy even tighter.