14

''I'm tired.'' Yuqi groaned.

''Same.'' Yoongi added.

''Let's never walk home again.'' Taehyung suggested as he threw himself onto the couch.

Yuqi and Yoongi exchanged a quick glance. It was a game they played among themselves where they waited to see how long it took Taehyung to pull that phone out of his pocket and start texting whoever it was he kept on texting.

Surprisingly, Taehyung didn't look down at his phone once the entire time the trio was walking home, which made the pair feel almost scared. They couldn't remember the last time Taehyung was social for a whole thirty minutes without getting distracted by his phone.

But their excitement was quickly shut down when they looked back at Taehyung and saw the boy lying on his stomach typing away. The pair exchanged a quick eye roll then made their way over to Taehyung.

''Tae...'' Yuqi called out for the boy.

''Hm?''

''Yoongi and I wanna watch a movie.''

''Which one?'' The boy murmured back, his eye glued to his screen.

''Doesn't matter as long as you make a promise.'' The sentence was odd enough for Taehyung to look away from his screen and to his best friends with a confused expression plastered over his face.

''A promise?'' Taehyung asked.

''All of our phones stay in the kitchen the entire movie.''

''Okay? But why?''

''Isn't it better that way.''

''Okay... Sure...'' Taehyung didn't completely buy the pair's plan but he still shut his phone off and handed it to Yuqi so the girl could carry it into the kitchen, he followed right behind her to make sure she didn't look down at his phone and pretended to help with getting the snacks.

About half an hour into the movie Taehyung became a bit anxious. He didn't tell Jungkook he'd have to give his phone up he just stopped replying meaning Jungkook was probably worried right now. But he refused to let the concern show in front of his friends, not wanting them to get suspicious.

But Yoongi and Yuqi already knew how the boy was feeling. Which is why they have been shoving popcorn into their mouths the entire time. The plan was for the pair to quickly finish the popcorn so that Yuqi would have an excuse to go into the kitchen for a bit to make some more popcorn and while she waited she'd look at Taehyung's phone to see if he received any new messages.

''You guys already ate them all?'' Taehyung whined as he reached inside the popcorn bowl only to find nothing there.

''Sorry...'' Yuqi spoke with a sheepish smile.

''The movie's barely started.'' Taehyung complained.

''I'll make more, just calm down.'' Yuqi spoke back as she sent Yoongi a quick glance.

The plan was set in motion. Yoogni's job was to distract Taehyung while Yuqi went into the kitchen.

''Should we just pause the movie and go make popcorn.'' Taehyung suggested, trying to find a way to get to his phone without breaking the promise to his friends.

''Nah, it's fine, I'll be right back.'' Yuqi assured as she rushed into the kitchen with the empty bowl. Taehyung mentally cursed to himself as the girl disappeared into the kitchen, he could've used that as a perfect opportunity to check his phone and tell Jungkook he'll talk to him later.

Yuqi quickly placed a new pack of popcorn into the microwave then almost sprinted over to the counter, where the trio placed their phones into a stack. Taehyung's was at the bottom. She quickly grabbed it and turned it on to see a million new messages from ''Ggukksss''. In an instant she recognized the nickname and she had to grip onto the phone so that she didn't drop it in shock.

''This isn't fair.'' Taehyung whined, trying to get Yoongi to stop the movie. ''She's missing out on all the good parts.''

''She said it's fine.'' Yoongi tried to argue.

''You're really that lazy?'' Taehyung faked a laugh. ''C'mon, just press pause and let's all wait for the popcorn.'' Before Yoongi could even reply, Taehyung already reached for the remote and paused the TV and before Yoongi could say wait, Taehyung was already in the kitchen, oh so eager to get to his phone. ''What the fuck are you doing!?'' He heard a shout coming from the kitchen.

A sigh escaped his lips as he pondered if it was even worth getting up from the couch and joining in on the fighting. Maybe he should just unpause the movie and watch it while the pair argued. But he couldn't, he was too curios about who Taehyung has been texting. So he pushed his body off the couch and made his way into the kitchen where he found Taehyung gripping onto his phone with a deathly glare on his face and Yuqi looking back at him with an angry expression.

''Why didn't you tell us you were talking to Jungkook again?'' And just like that, Yoongi's heart snapped in two.