16

Jungkook moved out of the way allowing Taehyung to step inside the house.

''Are you okay?'' He asked as he watched the other kick his shoes off and place them where the family kept the shoes.

''Do you have any stash? I need some cheering up.'' Taehyung spoke as he started making his way up the stairs to get to the first floor. For a split second, Jungkook found his behavior weird, but he quickly remembered that his house used to be Taehyung's second home. Of course he would remember where everything was.

''No, sorry. I wish you would've said so earlier, then Hobi and I would've stopped at Namjoon's to pick something up.'' Jungkook explained as he followed behind Taehyung up the stairs.

''So Namjoon is the name of your dealer?'' Taehyung asked.

''I've never told you that before?''

''No.''

''Weird... I really never mentioned his name?''

''Not that I remember.'' Taehyung replied with a small chuckle. He stopped in his tracks when he realized that he was about to enter Jungkook's living room. He hasn't stepped foot into this house in over two years, shock and nostalgia were just now starting to catch up to him.

''Tae?'' Jungkook snapped him out of his frozen state. He grabbed his forearms and turned him around so that the pair were facing each other and sent him a concerned look. ''What's going on?''

''I'm probably gonna cry if I talk about it and I kind of made a promise to never cry in front of you again, so if we could just pretend I came to visit you to just casually hang out that would be great.'' Taehyung blurted out so fast it took Jungkook a minute to process everything he said.

''Okay...'' He replied with a small nod of the head. ''In that case, after you.'' He spoke as he let go of his forearms and motioned over to the door. Taehyung opened up the door and slowly made his way inside the living room.

He was hit with a sense of nostalgia as he looked around the room. The beige leather couch in the middle of the room, where the pair used to play video games together, the big screen TV and all the different game consoles plugged into it, the coffee table by the couch that used to be made out of glass, but for reasons that shall not be named was now replaced with a wooden one.

Besides the coffee table, everything was still the same and it took Taehyung almost three minutes to process it all.

''It feels kind of weird.'' Jungkook chuckled awkwardly, snapping Taehyung out of his thoughts.

''What do you mean?''

''Seeing you here... After all this time... It feels weird.'' Jungkook explained. ''But not in a bad way.''

''It feels weird to be here, I kinda missed it though.'' Taehyung admitted.

''Wanna go up to my room? Or we can stay down here... You decide.''

Tension was in the air. For reasons neither wished to speak about, the pair of boys were unable to relax and be causal around each other.

''I'm okay with either.'' Taehyung replied with a shrug.

''Well... What do you wanna do?''

''Anything that will distract me or cheer me up.''

''Do you drink?''

''No, but something tells me I'm about to start.''

''Guess we're finally old enough to raid dad's liquor cabinet.'' Jungkook spoke as he sent the other a smirk.

''Doesn't he keep it locked up?''

''I found the key.'' Jungkook explained as he walked over to the corner of the room where Mrs. Jeon grew different kinds of plants; the corner seemed to have expanded quite a bit since the last time Taehyung was here. Jungkook crouched down by one of the plants and pulled something out of the pot with a playful grin plastered over his lips. He raised his hand up, revealing a small key.

''First question, how did you find that, second question, why did your dad think that was a good hiding spot?'' Taehyung chuckled as he followed behind Jungkook to get to Mr. Jeon's liquor cabinet.

''Frist answer, mom makes me water her plants, second answer, it's actually the only place mom wouldn't think he'd put it.'' Another chuckle escaped the pair's lips as Junkook unlocked the cabinet and opened it up. ''Now... What are we in the mood for.''

''Anything strong.''

''Have you ever been drunk before?'' Jungkook asked. Taehyung smirked proudly and was about to confirm that he in fact has, but Jungkook decided to interrupt before he could. ''The new year's eve we stole the champagne bottle while everyone was watching the fireworks doesn't count.''

''Fuck you.'' Taehyung spoke with a fake glare.

''Woah Tae.... Love's a pretty strong word... don't you think?'' Jungkook teased; the playful smirk still evident on his lips.

''What?'' Taehyung didn't get the joke.

''Fuck is another way to say love... You just said fuck you... Get it?''

''Seriously...''

''It would've been funny if you understood the joke.'' Jungkook defended himself then grabbed a bottle of white wine and closed the cabinet back up. ''To my room?''

''I'll get the glasses.''