19

Three days passed.

The pair didn't speak at all during that time. At school, Taehyung avoided everybody, including his friends who didn't make much of an effort to speak to him anyway. He got a text message a few minutes ago. It was from Jungkook, asking him to come meet him at their usual spot.

Taehyung's pace was fast as he rushed down his usual path to get to his destination. He wasn't rushing because he was in a hurry to see the boy, on the contrary, Taehyung was starting to regret even agreeing to meet up. The reason he was walking so fast had more to do with his nerves.

When Taehyung was nervous, he tended to walk very fast, as if he was trying to rush away from his thoughts and worries. But sadly his fast pace ended up getting him to the destination faster than usually.

''Did you run here?'' Jungkook questioned with a raised eyebrow.

''No? Why?'' Taehyung played dumb.

''I asked you to come here less than ten minutes ago and you usually take twenty to get here.''

''You're tracking how long it takes for me to get here?''

''Maybe~'' Jungkook trailed off as he stood up from the swing and made his way over to Taehyung with a wide smile plastered over his lips. Unlike Taehyung, Jungkook didn't seem in the slightest bit nervous as he approached him, in fact he seemed almost excited. ''I missed you.'' Jungkook announced as he cupped Taehyung's cheeks then did something Taehyung didn't expect.

He pulled the boy into a kiss.

Taehyung's eyes went wide in shock as he felt Jungkook's lips against his own. He didn't kiss him back, even if he wanted too he was too shocked to do so. Jungkook quickly noticed he didn't respond and pulled away with a confused expression.

''Am I a bad kisser?'' He asked with an awkward chuckle.

''You caught me off guard.'' Taehyung admitted; his eyes still as wide as when Jungkook kissed him.

''Why?''

''Didn't think you'd greet me like that.''

''Even after what happened the other night?''

''Especially because of that.''

''What do you mean?''

''I was expecting us to meet up and for you to tell me that it was a mistake or something...''

''You think it was a mistake?'' Jungkook asked; he looked almost hurt by what Taehyung said.

''Jungkook that was my first time...''

''So was mine.''

''Really?'' Taehyung asked his eyes got even wider, which Jungkook found almost impossible.

''Tae, who do you think I am?'' Another awkward chuckle escaped Jungkook's lips. The atmosphere was once again awkward, like it had been Friday night, before the boys got drunk.

''Sorry... It just didn't look like it was your first time.'' Taehyung admitted with a sheepish smile.

''I'll take that as a compliment.'' A grin replaced the awkward smile as Taehyung chuckled at his reply.

''It... It is a compliment.'' Taehyung admitted, his cheeks turning bright red as he spoke.

''I'm sorry about kicking you out next morning... I didn't know what time my parents would come back...''

''It's okay... I didn't plan on staying for breakfast anyway.''

''Did your parents say anything?''

''No, I just told them I fell asleep at a friend's.''

''They don't suspect anything, right?''

''No Gukk, they're still as clueless as they were two years ago.''

''You never told them?''

''Nope.''

''I told my dad...'' Jungkook admitted.

''When?''

''About a year ago...''

''What did he say?''

''Make sure your mother never finds out and you're safe.''

''Ouch...''

''He wasn't wrong though.''

''Did you tell him about the other night?''

''No, he doesn't need to know that. He'll just sigh and say something along the lines of 'I sure hope your mother doesn't hear about this'.''

''That's very reassuring.'' Taehyung replied in a sarcastic tone.

''I don't care, as long as he doesn't have anything against me and keeps it a secret, I'm okay.'' Jungkook explained then took the other's hand and pulled him towards the swings. He sat down on the swing then pulled Taehyung into his lap causing a noise of surprise to escape Taehyung's lips.

''What are you doing?''

''Not sure.'' Jungkook spoke with a playful smirk. He cupped the other's cheek and pulled him into a kiss.

''Gukkie...'' Taehyung sighed. ''Why are you doing this?'' There was sadness hidden in his tone of voice but Jungkook didn't notice, far too distracted with getting Taehyung to kiss him back.

''Because I want to, very badly, kiss you right now.'' Jungkook explained as he tried to kiss Taehyung again.

This time Taehyung didn't refuse or pull away. He closed his eyes and kissed him back, ignoring the painful sting in his chest.