13

''I ate too much.'' A whine escaped Yuqi's mouth as she placed her hand on her stomach and rubbed it.

''What the hell are you talking about, you barely had three bites.'' Yoongi instantly argued.

''No, I ate the whole damn plate and now you're gonna have to carry me home because I can't move.'' Yuqi argued back.

''Like Tae and I are capable of carrying you.'' Yoongi replied with a chuckle. ''Right, Tae?''

''Hm?'' The said boy just now looked up from his phone causing the smiles on his friends' faces to drop.

''Nothing, forget it.'' Yoongi shrugged it off.

Oblivious to the fact that he just ruined his friends' mood, Taehyung flashed the pair a smile and stood up from the table.

''I'll go pay, and go to the bathroom and then we can get going.'' He suggested making the pair nod in agreement.

''I'm sorry...'' Yuqi spoke with a sad smile as she placed her hand on Yoongi's shoulder.

''Don't be... You can't force someone to like you.'' Yoongi murmured back as he watched Taehyung walk away from the table, so unaware of the things going on right in front of him.

''Maybe he does-''

''We both know he doesn't.'' Yoongi forced himself to chuckle in order to hide his pain. ''It's okay... I've given up ages ago. ''

''Don't give up...'' Although Yuqi knew this fact as well, she didn't want her best friend to be sad.

''It's obvious he likes someone else Yu, saying shit like that is just signing me up to get my heart broken.''

''We need to find out who the fuck he keeps texting.'' Yuqi spoke with an angry pout on her lips.

''And how do you intend to do that?''

''Steal his phone when he's not looking.''

''That's invading his privacy, you know he'll get mad if we do that.''

''I don't care. We're his best friends, don't we deserve to know who's the reason Tae keeps ignoring us by looking down into that phone of his all the damn time.''

''But still...'' Yoongi sighed. ''Shouldn't we just wait for him to tell us.''

''You know he won't.'' Yuqi shook her head in response. ''He's been like this for at least a month now, it's so obvious it's almost like he's not telling us on purpose.''

''Don't say that. It's Tae... He wouldn't...''

''I know it's hard because you have feelings for him and all... But we need to have a serious talk with him. I don't know about you... But I don't wanna keep on hanging out with him if all he's going to be doing the entire time is ignoring us.''

''You're right... Fuck...'' Yoongi groaned as he ran his hand through his hair and pulled at the ends in stress. He was torn.

On one hand, he wanted to stay in denial and keep thinking to himself that Taehyung liked him back but was too shy to say anything just like he himself was. But on the other hand, Yoongi was more than aware how obvious Taehyung was being. The way his eye lit up when he heard his phone buzz, the way he would laugh at whatever funny joke the person he was talking to told him, that fond smile he had right before he placed his phone down.

Yoongi would imagine he sent the person a goodbye with a bunch of hearts and kissy faces perhaps even an 'I love you' and the person replied with the same reaction before they both shut their phones off and finally snapped back into reality.

His heart ached because he knew that those reactions weren't caused by him and he felt bitter because Taehyung didn't even bother to tell him and Yuqi who the cause of all those reactions was.