Prologue

Jin wasn't scared of anything.

Well, except someone crying in front of him. That scared him to death. The moment a tear slips from someone's eyes, he goes into panic mode. Is he supposed to hug them? Or provide them with Chocolates? Or perhaps long cuddles? Plushies? Cakes? Everything is possible.

Except for words.

He's terrible at them. Honestly, a two-year-old can console others better by saying something cutely childish. But he is terrible at words. He is neither cute nor childish. And he is terribly awkward.

So when he sees his friend crying, well, his heart hurts. Everything hurts. He has been hugging him for the past twenty minutes but the boy, Sandeul, is just not calming down. The reason was, well, he had just gotten rejected by SM entertainment. Although Jin does think it was their loss considering Sandeul is pretty talented and good at everything he does.

"I want to die. I want the Earth to swallow me and eat me up. I want my life to end already. Jin, can't I just be accepted." Sandeul whined out.

Jin just sighed for the nth time. He was tired. His back was aching because of holding such a huge boy in his arms, and his legs were numb. But he just stroked the boy's hair. He couldn't exactly do anything else.

Suddenly the room door was swung open. Ken came in and crouched in front of the boy. His face pulled into a painful expression the moment Sandeul pulled him into a bone crushing hug. Jin almost felt bad for the boy. Almost.

He had called Ken an hour ago, after freaking out seeing Sandeul at the door at 1 in the freaking morning and so Ken was supposed to be at his doorstep in fifteen minutes. But he was clearly late, leaving the extremely awkward and bad at comforting Jin in a terrible position, and having Sandeul letting out battle cries and screeches every two minutes weren't a great help. So Jin decides Ken didn't deserve his pity or Sympathy.

After another hour of cuddling and crying in the two boys arms, Sandeul finally decided to move on. A clearly good decision for all of them.

Jin let out a content sigh and decided to make hot chocolate for them all and confront his other late best friend about his behavior in such a severe situation.

"Sandeul, I'm going to the kitchen to make hot chocolate. Ken is going to come with me to help. You can rest till then." Jin patted the said boy's head and looked at Ken with so much intensity that he was forced to comply and get up with him. Sandeul just nodded and hugged a random pillow without noticing the tense atmosphere between his two friends.

The boys entered Jin's kitchen and Jin turned to face the other boy with folded hands while tapping his legs waiting for an explanation from the extremely flustered and embarrassed Ken.

Jin might be bad at comforting people, but he is the best when it comes to scolding them. Ken gulped and looked at his feet and after a long silence cleared his throat to probably make an excuse but one look at Seokjin shut him up.

"Jin I can explain. You see I was walking back towards my home when you called and then..," Jin raised his eyebrows while waiting for the boy to continue.

"Then what Ken?" Ken gulped and looked at Jin with a distorted expression.

"Then I might have run into a stranger and kind of almost gotten kidnapped," Ken whispered.

Jin took a sharp intake and just then the doorbell rang. Both boys looked at the door and then to each other with horrified expressions.

"Shit. I thought he didn't follow me here. Jinnie help." Ken whispered while holding on to Jin's hand and pulling at it like a child. Jin's heart was also beating quite loudly making it hard for him to think.

The back door. Jin suddenly thought.

Jin caught Ken's hand and went into his bedroom. He caught the hand of a very confused Sandeul who was gonna ask something but Jin shut him up by giving him a look.

He went to the back door and opened it and whispered to both the boys while handing them his car keys to get to Ken's home in his car. He motioned his fingers with his ears showing them that he will call them. Ken nodded and immediately ran with Sandeul.

Jin took a deep breath and caught the baseball bat from the storage on his way to the door. He took a deep breath praying he won't die while moving towards the door.

And so Jin opened the door.