[11]

"Every time I look at you, I feel like the world is ending, the sky is falling, the Earth is shaking, but we are completely still. It's only me, and you. No one else between us."

Kim Seokjin sat in a police van with Jung Hoseok beside him sleeping on his shoulder and the kid on his lap. It was weird honestly; as if being responsible for six other boys wasn't enough, he had another boy added to his list of responsibilities. But looking down at the malnourished boy who might never have had a decent childhood, Jin couldn't bring himself to abandon him to Korea's foster system. He had been there, and he hoped to never relive that experience.

"So Mr. Jin, we've looked around for the any registered lost child complains in the neighboring cities and that one small town, but none of their description and pictures coincide with the boy. Do you want us to put a request for him in the foster system? "

Jin didn't look up at the women that said that. She was the police chief, and as soon as they realized it was Seokjin in trouble, they came running. Seokjin ran a hand on the boy's hair and considered his options. Putting him in foster care was a big no-no. But he would've had to ask the boy first. It was his decision to make after all.

"Let me confirm with the boy, then I'll make a decision. Did the policeman you ordered bring my car back yet, or is it still there?"

"He's gone to bring it. They'll be here in a while. "

"What about the responsibility I had given you? Is it done, the background renewal?"

The women nodded. Jin had given the police chief of Seoul the responsibility of renewing the six boys family and criminal background. There were perks of being rich, but he had had to sit for hours with the man to assure him that he would take complete responsibility and the boys didn't want to engage in any big crime or something like that. It had caused him a huge headache when he returned home.

The women in front of him probably knew of it, since the chief had probably put a trail on them to check if they were doing anything suspicious. The fact that they didn't help him when he was almost kidnapped made Jin feel creeped out. He would have to talk to the chief later on.

The women answered with reluctantly, probably surprised Jin would know that she knows. "Umm, y-yes. They're almost done. We'll deliver them to you when you reach Busan. "

Jin nodded, which caused Hoseok to whine and move closer to Jin's neck. Jin shushed him by running his hand through his hair. Jin felt cheated upon, he was equally tired, but he wasn't the one asleep, rather he had become a pillow for others to sleep on. A pout and various curses uttered in his mind later, he saw his car come into his vision, and he never had been more thankful. He needed to know if the others were safe.

The car was parked directly in front of him, and the first one to get off the car was Jungkook.

"Hyung! Hyung! Hyung!" Jungkook's loud shouts filled the place. And Jin shushed him loudly and motioned to the two knocked out humans lying on him. Namjoon came behind Jungkook and smacked his head for being so stupid. The violence displayed wasn't at all appreciated by Jin, but he held it in. He would scold Namjoon later on when he'll have the strength.

Namjoon came and stood in front of Jin. "What happened hyung? Is something wrong? Why are the police here, and who is this boy?" Namjoon whispered.

Jin sighed loudly, showing how exasperated he was from the bombard of questions. Jungkook just stood there looking like a scolded puppy.

If someone asked Jin how he was doing at the moment, he would say he wanted to jump off a cliff.

••••

Telling the whole story minus the kissing to Namjoon and Jungkook was tiring, and somewhere in between Yoongi and Jimin joined them. Taehyung also got to them as the whole incident came to the close, and Jin was confused as to how both the young boy and Hoseok were still sleeping soundly. Although Hoseok did say the boy was made to lose consciousness by chloroform, so he was understandable, but how was Hoseok still sleeping, was beyond him.

Chloroform never completely did its job on Jin, the evidence being that one time someone tried to kidnap Jin for money.

It was quiet for a while, everyone silent. Until suddenly it wasn't, with Namjoon bursting into tears. Jin sat shell-shocked, Namjoon was such a tough bean for Jin. The fact that he was the wariest of Jin at the start proved it. It seems it was only him shocked, with Jimin hurrying to hug the crying boy, and Taehyung patting his shoulders.

"I'm so sorry hyung. W-We were right there and still, you had to go through that. If Jungkook hadn't woken Hoseok and he hadn't saved you, then we would h-have been abandoned again. And you would h-have been kidnapped, that's the worst thing in the world. Y-You, don't deserve that. You deserve the best thing in the world. " Namjoon said in a broken tone.

Jin didn't know if he should have been happy that the boy held him in such a high light, or sad that this boy was scared to be abandoned again. How many times must he have been left behind, to be so scared of it? "Come here, baby." Jin couldn't stop cooing.

Namjoon immediately rushed to hug the older boy. Jin had to hug him carefully since he had a young boy in his lap and Hoseok on his shoulder still. "H-Hyung, My name is Namjoon. Kim Namjoon." The boy said.

Jin hugged him closer, not wanting to let go. He sounded so sad, so broken. Jin just wanted to show him that now Jin was here, he didn't have to be so sad anymore. None of them had to be so sad anymore.

The boy let go after some reluctance and some encouragement in the form of pats on the back from Yoongi. "Hyung, We promise not to leave you alone from now on. You're doing so much for us, the only thing we can do for you is to at least keep you safe." Yoongi vowed, and everyone nodded after him with a determined look. Albeit Namjoon did it while cleaning his tears, He, at least just looked like a puppy.

Jin couldn't really stop the laugh bubbling in his throat. He giggled, and his giggled woke up the young boy from his deep slumber finally.

The boy woke up, and Jin immediately helped him sit up. The boy rubbed his eyes and looked around.

"A-Appa?"

Everyone stared at Jin, and Jin just wished he could go to sleep.