Veinticuatro: Namjin

"I knew you looked familiar! When did you get out of the rehab?" Seokjung asks.

"And why didn't you tell your father that you did? Does Ahjussi know?" Jin asks.

"Don't you dare mention my father!" Ok Sung growls at Jin.

"Can someone tell me what's going on? I'm a little lost here." Namjoon deadpans.

"Shush!" they both chide him.

"Wouldn't you like to know who did this to you guys?

"So you're not the main villain here?" Seokjung asks.

"Nope, nearly a pawn." he says with a sinister smile.

"Go on will you spit! Spit it out!" Seokjung says in agitation.

"MR. KIM SEOK HO!" he said as if he had just told us a secret.

"Now why would my father do that? Hmm?" Seokjin asked calmly.

"You think he approves of you messing around with a man? He's just deluded you into thinking that way. He's nothing but ashamed of you! You're no good to the business, out of all things you went and became a kpop star, what a waste and then chose to be with a man!" he says, his words spitting venom.

"N-no y-you don't mean that! You d-don't
H-he c-can't.." he began to sound defeated.

"So uri abeoji, went out of his way, got you from the rehab, planned all of this to sabotage his son's relationship?" Seokjung says in an order.

"That is what I am implying, yes."

"And for what joy? Also, was that bankruptcy thing fake too?" Namjoon questions.

"I wouldn't be surprised if it was." Seokjung scoffs.

"No! That did happen, he just decided to use it to his benefit."

Namjoon's phone rings. Jin is trembling unable to make anything out.

"Joon! Put me on speaker." Yoongi says.

Namjoon does then questions his best friend, "why? How?"

"Jin Hyung, remember how I said if it's anyone out of Bangtan and it becomes my business?"

"Y-yeah" Jin musters to say.

"Well, now this is my business. Did you think we'd all leave you alone like that?"

"Huh?" says a confused Jin.

"Look up there's a camera and a recorder, what you are saying can be heard and you can be seen by us. Kookie is recording your father and grandfather which you can also hear right now through this call. What you choose to do with this information is on you.

I did some digging turns out, well you better hear it-" Yoongi then stops talking.

"Abeoji, Ok Sung- what he- w-what he is saying isn't true right? Tell us all, that all this is some sort of twisted joke-" Jin rambles.

"It's not." his father cuts him off.

"W-what? Why?" he whispers in disbelief.

"You never seemed interested in the business and then you chose to go and be with a man? What were you thinking?!"
Mr. Kim asks as if it troubles him deeply.

"What's wrong with being with a man?" his Hal-bi roars.

"Abeoji! Isn't that why you left Eomma? Years ago? When I was a teen, I saw you... I saw you with that man. Doing unholy things! My mother gave her entire life to you! She married you, had children with you. And what did you do? Cheat on her with a man?"

We all gasp including Kim Sr.

"You knew about that? Why didn't you ever tell me? I didn't want to cheat on your mother. Things were different back then. I always felt guilty for doing that to your mother. Homosexuality was deemed a disease and unnatural. We didn't have activists and pride parades. We just had guilt for feeling the way we did. That man, is no more. He was my first love, he died in a war. The time I spent with him I will always cherish.
We were childhood friends. He was the child of my housekeeper. He always wanted to be a soldier. The time you saw me with him was when he came back, discharged from his duties. He told me he was going to war, we both knew the chances of us seeing each other ever again were rare. So I risked it all, my marriage, my pretense, my make believe, my guise to society and spent that week with him. When he returned to his battalion, within two weeks, the news of his death came by. A radiant captain he died for his country. I couldn't forgive myself for being a coward. I could've died at the hands of my father by refusing to marry your mother, it wouldn't be unfair to her. She too loved someone else, she could've been with him but patriarchy forces women into dedicating their lives to their husbands. I feel guilty for ruining her life, but I don't regret it. I had beautiful children. God didn't let me be with the love of my life but he gave me two precious children. You and your younger sister. My blessings."

Everyone is silent, there is a sob and hiccup on the other end. It's Hoseok.

"Are you for real abeoji? You are no better than Hal-bi. You think he wronged you? What have you done other than ignore your own kids for building your empire? It's always been about the business for you. When have you ever bothered spending time with us? You had expectations of me but you've just blatantly ignored Seokjin. When have you been a good father to us? You have no right to be disappointed in Hal-bi!" Seokjung rants.

Before his father can reply he looks at Ok Sung and questions him,
"So, dad had daddy issues, that's why he wanted to sabotage his son's relationship. What about you? Where do you stand in this family drama?"

"I guess you can say I got Daddy issues too." he scoffs.

"Young Master, your precious Ahjussi sent his son to rehabilitation center. Why? Cause he was disappointed. He had a fuck up for a son. Or maybe he never really considered me a son. You know why? Because he spent his time raising you. He was busy filling your father's shoes!" he screams.

"Ok Sung-" his father from the other end says but gets cut off-

"Abeoji! Waeyo? Why wasn't I enough? No matter what I did, why wasn't I enough to be your son? What is it, was I poor compared to him? Isn't that a given when you work for his father how can we have more money than him? What is it that he had and I didn't? Huh? Other fathers made it to school on sports day. You were never there in any of my achievements. Araseo. I get it. I thought maybe if I did drugs failed classes you would look to me? Give me some attention. Remember that you have a son? But what did you do? You started ignoring me venting your anger out at me. Uri Eomma! My precious mother who was the only one with me, by my side through thick or thin, you couldn't save her! The day she got diagnosed with cancer, you weren't there for her appointment. If not me, you seemed to have loved her. Sure she understood you and the nature of your work, but isn't that a bit too much? Taking advantage of the fact that the person that loves you understands? If you would have taken her to the doctor sooner or even noticed that she was unwell we could have recognized it at an early age, she could be alive today! None of us predicted it would be cancer but what matters is to be there at the goddamn appointment! Even if it was a fever, why weren't you there Appa?
Ah, matda! You were taking care of his boo boos when your wife was sick. Everyone believes that you're such a nice man, everyone's go to guy but the truth is your understanding and patience and care only shows itself to outsiders. You haven't given me anything in my life but pain from which my raps stem. If there's any good you've done for me, it's giving me content for my music."

"By the way, Mr. Kim Namjoon" he adds.

"I meant when I said I fell for you. I really didn't mean to. I guess my admiration for you turned into feelings by spending time with you. You're a great mentor, just another person that I lost to Kim Seokjin. Wouldn't be the first time though." he shakes his head.

Hi!

What a year eh?

Please read the previous chapter to refresh your memory.

Stay safe!

Sarang,
Thiea.