foreword

T I T L E :  Y O U   E X I S T   I N   M Y   S O N G

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

E P I G R A P H 

"I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together." 
Lisa Kleypas 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

E X T E N D E D   S U M M A R Y

 If there's anything that Ginny Dawson loathed more than disruption in structure and her carefully ordered life, it was the lead singer of the world famous boyband Colossal Beat a.k.a Axel Yamazaki. He was the boy who almost ruined her bright future and used to be her best friend (before Hollywood twisted him to the point of beyond recognition, that is). Not even her rival for valedictorian and first place in class rankings, Daniel Smith-Walker, reserved that kind of privilege.

 One day after a prank went wrong (she was honestly just an innocent sidekick), Ginny was forced to do her Principal's bidding: organizing the annual school-event to help boost their school's already upstanding reputation. There's only one problem, as the Principal wanted Ginny to secure Axel (whose band was going through an indefinite hiatus and was back in town) to sing solo for said event. Either that or having a permanent record that would forever taint Ginny's chances to cash her ticket out of small town life. Since the universe was keen to screw her over, Ginny thought she might as well just play along.

 Whether Ginny will survive the imminent disaster (and the unfortunate winter break they have to spend together because of family gatherings), it was entirely up to the Universe or Axel. Ginny was more than sure he would love to make her pay for the broken friendship and the bridge between them.

 Ridiculous at it was, apparently immortalizing their sob story in a song that did not deserve the charts and bazillions of daily listeners wasn't enough of a punishment.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

D E D I C A T I O N

for those who still let their past dragged them down, this one is for you all. may one day you set yourselves free and finally let yourself to look back and laugh in glee.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

S T A T U S

start date: summer 2019

end date: TBA.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A U T H O R ' S   N O T E 

i've had this idea in my mind for a year and a half. i think now it is the right time to share it at wattpad. i hope this story will reflect my much more improved writing than ahem, the long way back. and thank you to those who have been here since the start, i wouldn't have done it without you guys :)