Chapter 6

When we landed in Vietnam, I was a little out of sorts. I had been expecting Molly to find some way to get out of us spending some alone time together. So when she didn't, I didn't know what to do with myself I was so excited. My friends didn't seem any the wiser when I said I was gonna catch up on some sleep tonight rather than going out. I had no idea what Molly had told them, but when she showed up at my room right after we checked in, I knew we were a go for our day together.

I was rummaging through my suitcase when I felt someone grab me from behind. I just about hit the roof, screaming out as I turned around to see Molly standing behind me. She was laughing so hard she could barely breath.

I grabbed my chest,

"You scared the- Jesus Bloody Christ...." I took a few deep breaths.

My brows furrowed when I realized she was in my room. I glanced around, not really sure what I was looking for,

"How'd ya get in here?"

She pointed outside on the balcony,

"There."

I looked out the door,

"Where?"

She walked towards me, her arms sliding around my waist as she pressed a soft kiss to my lips,

"The balcony."

I raised my eyebrows,

"I'm on the third floor. You climbed over here from your room?"

She nodded, her arms raising to hook around my neck,

"Yeah."

I shook my head. My surprised smile turned into an easy one. I was just happy she was here and that we could finally spend some time together. I lifted my hand to slide under her ear,

"I can't wait to take you out."

I watched as her calm and cool demeanor drained out of her, leaving behind a dubious expression I'd seen on her a few times. I lifted my other hand to slide under her other ear,

"Hey," I started, calling her attention so she'd meet my eyes again, "I said I'd keep you safe and off social media. You trust me right?"

I saw the slightest bit of doubt in her eyes but she nodded,

"Yeah."

I thought about asking her if she was telling the truth but I decided against it in the end. I understood that she might have some apprehension and this was one of those situations where I would need to show her rather than tell her.

I led her out into the streets, glancing back to see her nervously glancing around us. I knew she was looking for paps or wayward fans who might recognize us. But I'd taken precautions. I covered my hair with a baseball hat and I had sunglasses on. It wasn't the most creative disguise, but I figured we were in Vietnam and the chances that someone was here looking for me were slim.

I lifted her hand to my mouth and pressed a kiss to her fingers. Her anxious smile dissolved into an easy one when her eyes fell on mine. I lead her down the street, smiling to myself when I felt the fingers of her other hand wind around my bicep. She was relaxed for now at least. It was up to me to make sure she stayed that way.

--------------------------

While I would have loved to have walked around the city with Molly while we soaked in the sights and sounds of Hanoi, I also just wanted to spend some alone time with her. And I knew alone time would probably set her at ease. So I planned something special just for she and I that no one else would possibly find us on.