7

I didn't know how to feel. I was lost inside my own emotions. Confused as to how I felt. Clueless on now to act. This is just another day in my life. It's pretty normal to me, but completely different to Colby. He won't admit it, but he's almost as lost and confused as I am. It's clear that he's never dealt with anything like this, although he tries to hide it.

Eventually, we made it under the covers. Colby had undressed me and slipped his tee shirt on me before we soon fell asleep whilst holding me in his arms. I laid awake for hours. Listening to the sound of his breathing, the clock ticking on the wall, and people's footsteps walking up and down the hallway outside. Eventually, I feel asleep just around six. Colby stirred not long after and left for the gym. He fails at trying to speak quietly on the phone. Even half in and out of sleep I could hear he and Dean's conversation about what workout they should do.

This routine of being in and out of sleep is almost normal to me. On days where I didn't have lectures and no assignments due I would spend nearly the whole day in bed. Just sleeping. I honestly hoped I could hide this side of me during this six week adventure, especially from Colby. Where I stood with Colby was another confusing aspect of this six week adventure. Were we dating? Was I just a six week girlfriend? What were we? Part of me was too scared to even ask.

I was still in bed when Colby arrived back from the gym after 11am. I was awake, but didn't care to show any evidence of life. "C? Where are you?" He called out, closing the door behind him. I opened one eye to see him kick off his shoes, and run a hand though his sweaty hair. I closed my eye as I saw his head turn to me. His hand shook my shoulder in attempt to wake me. "C'mon babe, time to get up" he sat on the bed as I opened my eyes. "Wanna get up and go get some breakfast?" He asked, stroking my hair. I nodded and peeled back the bedding with a sigh, waning to stay in bed all day.

We had a day off to spend doing as we pleased before smackdown. Unless the shield made an appearance on smackdowm, Colby wouldn't be coming with me to the arena. I stood up, pulling Colby's shirt down further. "I ah" I started, gaining the attention of Colby who was now rifling through one of his suitcases. "I need to go get clothes" I said whilst awkwardly pointing towards the door.

Colby's laugh echoed throughout the room, "sure babe, I'll come grab you in half an hour?" He winked, pulling off his sweaty shirt. I starred at his chest, all covered in sweat. I licked my lips without thinking. Blushing, I grabbed my bag and ran at the door as Colby's famous laugh followed.

Wrapping the white towel around my body, I sighed and made my way towards my bags. I currently felt like I should check myself into Spencer's. I couldn't even understand why I was feeling the way I was towards Colby. Sure, some girls would die to be in my position, but what even was my position? In my life, I needed to know what was going to happen next. I had to know the next move. With Colby I was clueless and in the dark as to what was going to happen next. Knowing the next step was one of the comfort barriers I had built around myself, protecting me from the unexpected.

I had never had to deal with these confused thoughts. I wasn't even sure on how to make my next move. I looked up at the windows. I hadn't closed the curtains from yesterday, and the grey, mugging sky welcomed me. I liked the cold whether, it gave me comfort. I pulled out some maroon trackies that cuffed at the ankle, and paired it with a black crop top. Colby had in some ways seen me at my worst, but I still blended layers and layers of foundation for my own comfort.

Tying up the laces to my converses', I grabbed a denim jacket before waiting behind the door for Colby. I heard his footsteps come the door and an involuntary smile crept to my face. I thought how strange it was that I knew Colby's footsteps out of everyone's, but opened the door just as Colby was about to knock.