24

Words couldn't comprehend how I was feeling. This was my last day as nurse for the WWE. It felt like I had only just started, but here I am finishing. Our hotel room had being cleaned. Colby's bags packed ready to leave tomorrow. I hadn't even packed my bags yet. Once I did, I knew it all would be over. Jon and Joe were going to spend today relaxing, but Colby decided he would come with me to smackdown. Once last date he called it. I couldn't help but feel as if it was our last ever date.

We slept in. Which was rare for Colby. He would sleep a little longer but always get up and go to the gym. But not today. We slept till noon. When we woke we just laid in each other's arms in silence. It wasn't awkward silence, but at the same time it wasn't comfortable silence. It was more the silence of realisation.

"Wanna go to the gym?" He asked, kissing behind my ear. I didn't want to move, I wanted to stay in bed in his arms until smackdown. But I nodded anyway, removing myself from the hold of Colby to get ready.

I had become more comfortable in myself and more comfortable around Colby in the past few weeks. It wasn't much to some, but was everything to me. I didn't even bother to put foundation on to go to the gym like used too. Colby had seen me far worse than sweaty with no make up. We walked hand in hand to the gym, before we went off to do our own workouts. As much as Colby loved cross fit, it just wasn't for me. His workouts were too complex for me, so I just stuck with my treadmill, elliptical and bike workout.

It had only being half an hour, but I already felt awful. I stopped the treadmill and hung onto the sides, unsure if I was going to vomit or pass out. I tried to drink some water but ended up having to sprint across the gym to the nearest bin. I leant over emptying the little stomach contents I had for the multiple time this week.

"Let's get you resting before smackdown" Colby said softly as he ran his hand up and down my back. I just nodded and let him carry me back to our hotel room. Despite being able to get a vein first go, it appeared that I couldn't completely aim into the bin and vomit down the front of me. Colby's arms were wrapped firmly around me as we stood under the shower. That was another thing I was going to miss. The water pressure. Even though the uni apartments hadn't long being built, the water pressure was terrible. There was just so many things I was going to miss.

Colby stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist and holding one out for me. I walked into his embrace and he wrapped the towel securely around me.

"Feel a bit better?"

I nodded up at him. It was a lie, but I didn't want him to worry. I got dressed in to my scrub pants for the final time. I wouldn't wear these ones when I graduated, they were too special. I saw the shield tee shirt that I wore on the first raw. I should have worn it yesterday. I thought about wearing the shirt that the raw roster gave me yesterday, but I don't think that would go down well wearing it to smackdown. Instead, I opted for the 'shield's nurse' shirt.

We stopped at starbucks on the way, Colby literally running in. It made me remember if the last time we were at starbucks and how far our relationship had come. I realised in that moment how much I grew as a person, and how much more confidence in myself I had gained. Colby's words last night replayed in my mind. I didn't show him parts of me that I never wanted to revisit. Colby returned to the car, handing me the equivalent of a caramel latte.

"You'll have to come to Iowa so I can show you my favourite coffee shops" Colby said to me, taking a large sip of his drink. My heart fluttered at him wanting me to come to his home. I just could never afford it.

"Maybe I will" I winked at him.

There was just something about smackdown that wasn't the same as raw. The vibe was different. I preferred raw to smackdown. AJ was always great for advice as just to talk to in general. I kind of wish I had spent more time with AJ. There wasn't anyone on the smackdown roster that I could think of that I would miss. Apart from AJ, and maybe Charlotte. It felt more boring.