39

"Breathe, just breathe, everything is going to be okay, everything is going to be fine, you just need to keep calm and-"

"Colby!" I cut him off as he carried me into emergency. He had being rambling the entire car trip here. He refused to let staff call an ambulance, deciding him driving me to the hospital was best. He ran three red lights as he was too busy repeating "just breathe and relax" to me.

"Right sorry" he mumbled, walking up to triage. "My wife is in labour" he rushed out to the triage nurse who gaped at Colby holding me in his arms so easily at nine months pregnant. It was actually soothing being held in Colby's arms at the position I was in. It applied just enough pressure to my side and back.

"Well lets get her into a chair and up to maternity" the nurse said once she gathered her head.

Colby had other ideas.

He shook his head, "what floor is that?" He asked, still comfortably holding me.

"Three why?" She trailed off, not understanding him.

Colby didn't answer, just nodded his head and turned around. The nurse called out to him as Colby walked over to lifts, pressing the button with his elbow. A few patients and families waking by stopped and stared at us in shock. Partly because a man was easily carrying a woman in labour, and that Seth Rollins was in front of them still in ring gear. As soon as Colby got to the dressing room, he scooped me into his arms and ran to the car park, leaving his bags and not getting changed. Jon called out saying that he would bring Colby's things to the hospital as Colby half ran down the halls.

Being in Colby's arms was slightly unnerving in the elevator. Being off the ground and feeling yourself going up was uncomfortable and I felt like I was going to vomit. Once we reached the third floor, Colby once again calmly walked up to the awaiting nurse at the desk.

"My wife is in labour" he said to the nurse who was looking down. She looked up, confused then shocked like the other nurse. Usually, patients in labour would be bought up in a chair by staff, not in the arms of their husband.

"Your, your, she-" the nurse fumbled over her words and flagged over he doctor who was just as shocked.

"There's a free room at the end of the hall, I'll show it to you?" The doctor asked, unsure if he was seeing what was in front of him. Colby nodded and started walking down the hall not waiting for the doctor.

"She should really be in a chair, why are you carrying her?" The doctor asked as he caught up to us.

Colby stopped and turned around to face the doctor. "Do you not think I am capable of carrying my wife? Or that I should let someone push my wife in a chair?" Even with me in his arms Colby was still intimidating, and his shield gear made him more intimidating.

"Of course not" the doctor said quietly before pointing to the room. "That's the room, I'll be with you shortly."

"No you won't" Colby cut in. "I want a different doctor, not a rude, ignorant, condescending one." With that, Colby left the doctor in the middle of the hall, waking in the prepared birthing suite and placing me on the bed.

"Are you comfortable, do you need anything?" He asked me once I wriggled around the bed to get comfortable.

I shook my head, the contractions were getting closer together but it was too late for pain medication. "The baby bag" I gasped, realising we didn't have it.

"The boys have got it, don't worry" he soothed, running his hand over my forehead.

"Can you get me some water?" I whispered before another contraction hit, making me grip Colby's hand.