The Cafe Encounter

"What do you see?" I heard someone saying. I looked around and there was Lily, her pretty old self.

And then there she was. Just when I thought I had nowhere to run. She was sitting all by herself staring into nothing with a pen in her hand. Her hair was swaying lightly against the humid afternoon air.

"It's Raymond!"

I ran up to where she was before they could reach me. The woman stared at me wide-eyed. She has those incredible big round eyes. She seems like gothic or something with her eyeliner.

"Hey, Raymond! I see why you're rushing about!" and they caught me. Lily and Matt together smiling me beside the anonymous round -eyed woman.

"I'm sorry! I was rushing because I'm late to meet my girlfriend." I said looking intently at the round -eyed girl beside me. She seemed amused at the moment but smart enough to realize what was happening.

"Oh, it's Jody! You must be?" she snapped and Lily showed her usual sweet smile. Then they go ahead with the usual introduction and I suddenly felt I was out of the picture.

"Bye, see you around then Raymond!" Lily bade us goodbye and went away with her boyfriend.
The round-eyed girl looked at me intently. "So how did that go, boyfriend?!" she smirked at me and closed her notebook.

"You could've taken a girl who's prettier than her. She's pretty you know. Pity, you had let her go." She said.

I was getting irritated by her litany. She was getting ready to leave as she was fixing her bag.

"Bye, now! "She yelped and took her bag and walked along. I felt the need to follow her so I did.

"Wait up, Jody!" I called her by her name. "I think I'm going to need you more a little bit." I said now holding her arm. She looked at me smiling.

"That actually sounds romantic! Pretty tempting, But you know what you need, boyfriend? Is to learn to move on all by yourself, huh?" She raised her eyebrow on me and then ran away.