❷ S t i l l a s a s t a t u e

Blood still stains when the sheets are washed
Sex don't sleep when the lights are off

🌖
🌕
🌔

R O G E R S

   Detective Steve Rogers was drowning himself to death with alcohol and paper files inside his dirty little office, after he figured out that, why work if you have nothing to work on? Why not just get drunk?

   The door opened up, Rogers wasn't sleeping even though he looked like so, he expected to hear his buddy Sam coming in very angrily and complaining about how he needed to stop drinking and start working, but it was subtle, very subtle footsteps that he heard.

   "Detective Rogers?" A voice said, a guy, might be young, Steve was not into the mood of looking to see who it was.

   "Detective Rogers, please wake up." The guy patted him on the shoulder, then started shaking his body.

   "What..." He said, still not moving.

   "My name is James Buchanan Barnes, I'm a special agent from the FBI. I need to talk to you."

   "Feds..." He murmured and raised his face up to see a guy, wearing a black leather jacket, he had long hair all slicked back neatly, grey eyes, very recognizable grey eyes. "What do you want?" He asked.

   "We want you to join the Spider case."

   "Uh.. no thanks." He went right back to sleep, he hates feds so badly but he never swears, not even once.

   "You closed the hydra's case when none of our detectives were capable of, we really need you on this one."

   "I only take cheating husbands or runaway kids cases thank you, James."

   "I knew it's been hard for you since you lost your wife on the Hydra's case but---"

   "Get out of my office." He said sharply.

   "..."

   "..."

   "I'm sorry. But please, consider it, we really need you, he will attack again soon, this is my number." Barnes placed his business card on the table, then stepped back in his Doctor Martens.

   "Christ." He said annoyingly when the door closed, then crumpled the fed's card in his hand, about to throw it to his full bin.

   But then he stopped.

   And disentangled the card then put it in his wallet.

   "Uh... This is.. bad..." He muttered, looking at all of the empty bottles of alcohol, he ran out of drinking water now, it's time to go to the bar.

   Rogers put on his heavy, brown coat on his tall body then headed outside, he headed to the nearest bar just to find out that it was closed, so he went the one in queens.

   Jimmy's was a great place, everything is a little expensive but it was worth it, it was decorated in dark brown, it had wooden floors and shelves, with country singers for city people to change their moods or feel like home.