Chapter 7. The Boss

The Next day.

I arrived the office earlier than usual. I'm trying put things in order and finish up some things I failed to do because I was busy putting stuffs together for Vanny before her return . 

It's 8.am already and I'm good, Everything nice.  Ready to start off today's work.  The office secretary walks into my office.

"Good morning Miss Clarrisse"

(Na wah oh I just hate when people call me Miss, people just know how to remind you of your status) I'm saying in my head while furrowing my eye brows staring at her.

Yeah Good morning. How may I help you? ( in a very strict tone).

"The New boss wants everyone in the conference room now"

Oh ( I jumped out of my sit)  he is here already. OK OK I will be there now.  Emm thanks.

" You are welcome Ma'am"

How come she didn't think of referring to me as ma'am when she walked in earlier funny girl. Quickly I took out a mini mirror from my hand bag just to make sure my brows are still where I drew them, and no lip stick on my teeth and all.  I adjusted my dress and it's time to head to the conference room.  Can't wait to see what Oga boss looks like.

So I found everyone courteously seated I quietly pulled out a sit and made myself comfortable. Oh my God I just realized that I'm seated directly opposite Where the boss is supposed to sit.  phew I can't change sits now the room is so quiet.

This very cute voice says from behind " Good morning everyone, sorry I took Little of your time.

Your guess is as good as mine.  It's the bosses voice. He went past me and wow the new boss is Derek, My best friends husband. My lord should I be elated or sad, I don't know how I'm feeling right now. He was just about to take his seat when he sighted me he starred at me like, could she be who I'm thinking she is,  I looked at him smiling, giving him the Yes I'm who you think I am.  kinda look.  Boss had to come all the way to give me a hug.  What!!!!  I'm awestruck. Did he have to come hug me?. 

"Hey Clarrisse you work here obviously" he says with all excitement. Now everyone in the room is starring at us with God-knows-what running through their minds. 

Yes Sir.

"Cool (he gives me a pat on the back) we'll talk later OK?

I just nodded my head like I didn't know what just happened. He went over to his seat and officially thanked and welcomed everyone. He asked for introductions. Everyone said their name and the position they occupied in the office. And the boss took over.

"Good, nice to be here with everyone of you.  I'm not gonna take anymore of your time.  My Name is Derek! Derek Davies. We'll my friends in the UK call me DD ( smiling) you all know why I'm here, I'm not here to boss anyone around or make your jobs difficult. I'm here to lead,  help, guide and direct you.

We all know that this organization is a new born and we all need to work tirelessly to ensure it's growth.  I'm not an all-work-work kinda person. I like to work and play sometimes but then you need to know when to work and when to play. 

I wanna assume that you all know your job description and you have been living up to it before today.  I will go through all the previous work files from various departments to make sure we've all been doing it right. There something I want us to work on and its gonna help us. 

I want us to develop a team spirit, learn how to function in a team, how to also tolerate team members because sometimes we need to work as a team to achieve great heights. I know people function well when they are solo, thats nice but here we are a team and we must always help and work together. Here there is no competition. So let's all be good. Yeah
Clarrisse it's good to know that you are in charge of the PR department I like to work closely with you.  Your job is a very sensitive one and I'm sure you are up to it anyways.  OK once again thank you all for your time and if there is anything more I will disseminate. Have a nice day everyone".