Chapter 5. New Beginning

Events of the past months has been horrific but hey Clarrisse is stronger and better, the only challenge is that I have to put on the "so called" ring when ever I'm around momma. So I got this new job with Beverly Inc. It's a foreign company that just got started in Nigeria and I like the whole idea of having new peeps around me it's like a whole new beginning for me. Right now work is a bit stressful, I just resumed last week as the head of the Public Relations Unit and I'm still trying to fit into my Job description. I'm totally in love with my new job.

I was just about the sign out from the office when my phone rang, it was an international unknown caller so I took the call and kept mute to hear the caller first, scammers everywhere.

Caller: hey babyyyy it's Vania

Me: OMG Vanny!!! My Vanny?

Caller: come on girl it's your own Vanny.

Me: girl you need to apologize to me right now. I've been Tryna reach you, your phone lines have been off it's 3 months now. What's up with you?.

Caller: I'm really sorry babes it's a long gist but hey guess what?

Me: What!! Baby trust me my head is full right now I don't want to guess off the point.

Caller: I got married last week.

Me: please don't pull this kinda stunt on me. Are you for real? OMG!!! (squealing) Vanny I'm so happy for you I wish I could just hug you right now. May God bless your new home baby, No weapon formed against it shall ever prosper.

Caller: Amen amen. I'm about to say something that will blow your mind.

Me: girl you blew my mind already. Are u pregnant?

Caller: Nahh ain't getting pregnant anytime soon. My hubby got this new job and I'm relocating back to Nigeria with my hubby next week. Yeahhhh!!!

Me: it's not true Omggggg!!! Vanny you are coming back home. My bestie is coming back home to me? I love love you I'm so happy. You just put a million smiles on my face, I can't wait so see you oh.

Caller: So tell all em' fake bitches to back off bestie is coming back to town.

Me: hehehe, all the fake bitches are dead. wow I can't wait to tell Momma about the good news. Vanny I will call you once I get home was just about to leave the office.

Caller: OK baby just take your time we will talk at night.

Me: aii bye! I love love you

Caller : love you right back baby muahhhh.

Phone line cuts.

I'm driving home and all I'm thinking is how happy I am, knowing that Vania will be in Nigeria soon. Vania is more than a friend she is my sister, she is my twin. Our friendship started from our mothers womb I guess. My mum met her mum when she was pregnant with me in the hospital. I'm just a few months older than Vania.

We lived on the same street as kids.We went through all the stages of education together. Vania insisted that we attended the same university against her mums wish because at the time her parents were relocating to Lagos, popsy got a job there but Vania refused to leave with them she insisted that she must say back with us in Port Harcourt That's how we ended up in the University of PortHarcourt.

My University experience was all fun because of Vanny. She is a pretty girl, all most 6 feet tall, curvy, brown skin, brown eyes, wonderful dentition her black hair complements her brown skin colour.

I'm 5ft6, I'm kinda comfortable with her height. She got all the attention in school then mostly because she stood tall amongst other girls. All the boys wanted to be our friend but we choose our friends wisely.

One of the play boys in school then thought he could play a fast one on us. Wanted to date Vanny and I, when we found out, we the sapped him dry he sold all this gadgets and openly disgraced him on campus. So we decided that we had to screen wanna be boyfriends and seek approval from each other before any other thing.

Vania always got lucky with guys. She got the rich, fresh, handsome, classy, intelligent and all. All the fab guys wanted her. My star was Little bit different from hers infact, there was this guy final year Chemical Engineering student, I met him when I was in 200 level I feel helplessly in love with him then. We did all the night class together, went to eating spots together. The first day I went to visit him in his room. He stole my 2k, that money was my all in all. When I found out that my 2k was gone, love died instantly (lol). The dude was comfortable at his level then, why should he steal from a poor lover girl like me. Vania as usual got my back.
We had lots and lots of experiences in all Vanny never disappointed me she remained true and became more than a friend.

After school we struggled together tried to make ends meet, tried to play catch up with life. I forced Vania to come for one of the interviews that was held in town. We got the job but Vania refused to show up she said she did not want to work for anybody. She wanted her own business. I and momma encouraged her and she started buying and selling fabrics at the time.

Vanny is a strong willed woman, she is hard and tender, she is a go getter, she is a "babe in total control of her self" ( Bitch). She can go to any length to protect the interest of those she loves. I remember she bit off a girls ear in secondary school just because the girl bullied me. She has been my support system. 3 years ago when she decided to leave the country I thought I was going to die. It was too hard to adjust without her.

After she left I got the Job at my former place of work and that's where I met Lola even when Lola stopped working our friendship grew.

*********************************
I'm on my street now. From the office to the house is a 30 minutes drive. I can't wait to straighten my bones and this bra is killing me, I can't seem to feel my chest.

I walk into the house, the front door is open that means the weirdo is home Bernisse my kid sister she can be careless with everything.

Bernisse!!! I yelled she pops out of the kitchen with a cooking spoon in her hand . SisClar!!! Jumping on me ( I don't know why she finds it difficult to say Sister-Clarrisse). I look at her like I'm not happy to see her.

"SisClar I don't like the way you are looking at me oo" aren't you happy to see me"

"aren't you happy to see me (mimicking her) When was the last time you came home? You purposely stay back in school when your mates go back to their families, girl I know how these things work you can deceive momma not me"

"SisClar (Furrowing her eyebrows) I'm sorry. I will doing weekends at home"

"Now I can give her the privilege of seeing me smile, You promise? If you pull any more stunts I will just assume that the only sister I have left is Vania so be nice"

"I promise, so how is SisVania?"

"Vania is coming back home next week. I announced with Joy"

"Who is coming home next week? Momma says walking to the sitting room"

"Our Vania oh, I responded with excitement".

Excitement filled the air, but Bernisse won't let me be great.

"SisClar! Congratulations on your engagement she echos dancing".

Momma shouted from the kitchen "Bernisse you just came home today and you want to burn down my kitchen.

OMG Bernisse screams trying to rush back to the kitchen. I interrupted her race. " Hey come come come, where are you running to its your work now , momma will fix it up as usual. When you are done come to my room I need to tell you something and tell momma I will skip dinner.

"OK" rushing to the kitchen.

I plan to tell tell Bernisse everything about the engagement she is 25 so she understands how these things work. And no she not gonna spill the kid is a Niggaress she the younger version of Vania I love the woman she is growing into fierce and strong willed.

Oh finally I'm out of this killer bra. I can't help but scratch everywhere this killer bra has disfigured.

Thank God for today. Today was indeed a gift.