Chapter 9. The Hang out

I've been working with Derek for months now and he is the best boss ever, and yeah he is also my friend.  Dude is the kind of guy I need in my life really, I really admire his maturity and his perception of life. He has a pure soul and can never think of hurting anyone.

I really don't know why I feel so excited when ever I'm around him He makes me feel warm and mushy inside .  I just keep smiling like a fool when ever he is on sight. But hey I can never hurt anyone the way Lola hurt me, nah it's just a feeling right?.

Vania has been making a lot of business trips lately and I'm saddled with the responsibility on taking care of Derek while she is away. At weekends, I just make momma cook and he comes over to get the food. 

It's Friday and I came home really early Derek's mood at work today wasn't cool everyone saw the boss in him today, well I'm not good in asking questions so I just avoided him because it would really hurt if he turned me down or spoke to me harshly.

Thank God I have a full house Bernisse and Momma have been a great company since I got home. Momma cooked up a storm and it's just been food and movies. In between food and movies I kinda worry about Derek, what the heck is even wrong with me? It shouldn't be my concern. Well I'm his friend maybe I should talk to him and find out what's eating him up.  Nah I won't, he is a married man and our friendship should have boundaries. Yeah it should.

I and the girls decides to watch Devious maids, I can never stop seeing that movie I love it to a fault. Momma wants a nollywood film but we have been on it for a while now so she let me have my way.  Bernie is as good as absent. All she does is stare deeply into her phone while her both tombs moves faster than an alloy wheel. Wonder who she chats with 24/7.

It almost 8pm my phone has been ringing from the kitchen, momma just noticed the faint ring tone. I left it on top of the fridge in the kitchen. I would give anything to get that phone without getting up, I'm so heavy right now.  Oh I have my kid sister right here, that what kiddos are meant for right?. "Bernisse get my phone it's in the kitchen, check the fridge top. Thank you" I say without looking at her.  She breaths out heavily like a tired hippo and gives me some kinda look I don't want to reason.  What ever she just has to get it.

"Here is your phone,  You have like 10 missed calls"

"Jeez Vania has been calling".

Calling Vanny's mobile *

Me: Hey girl, sorry I missed your calls.  I hope you're good?

Vania: I don't know. My husband is just being selfish. Did he tell you anything at work today?

Me: not at all, what's going on?

Vania: All of a sudden he's complaining about my trips. This man knows I don't joke with my business. He want me to come sit at home for the rest of my life.

Me: Common girl the Derek I know wouldn't want that, I guess he is missing you and wants to spend more time with you. I'm not your husband and I miss you like crazy so I totally get how he's feeling.

Vania: true but I just need little time, I need get my goods my agents are driving me nuts.

Me: Explain to him OK?  He was really a different person at work today.

Vania: chuckling...really?

Me: I totally avoided him today

Vania: that's serious. He is not taking my calls right now but I know he will be fine.  Did he even come to pick up his food?

Me: Momma gave him a bowl of Afang soup yesterday.

Vania: thanks sis. I feel sleepy already the stress today was mad.  I will be back on Tuesday. Tell momma and Bernisse I love them OK?