Chapter 6. Welcome Back

It's a new week already and Vannie will arrive Nigeria tommorow and I'm saddled with the responsibility of fixing up her new apartment. During the weekend I did a whole Lotta furnishing and I think I'm satisfied with the much I and my team where able to achieve. I hope Vania likes her new home.

Vania is not much of a party party kinda person she always like to go on a low key. Oh I forgot she will arrive Lagos first and there is no way Vania's parents won't hold a welcome back party for her so thats gonna save me the stress. I will just phone her mum and make sure there is a party for her in Lagos. I would have loved to be in Lagos as well but it's a week day, it's too early to start making excuses at the office so I'm just gonna wait for them to arrive Port Harcourt.

*********************************

TGIW
Wow why do I feel like my head is threatening to blow. It's Wednesday already and Vanny will be home in some hours.
Momma and Bernisse are here. We made dinner, momma's jollof skill is off the hook. She made Jollof rice just the way Vanny likes it, peppered Chicken, salad, Moimoi (Vanny is a fan), fried plantain and fruit salad.

Bernisse does well with decorations, she did well with the decorations in the sitting room.

"SisClar" Bernisse calls out. "How do I look?"

OMG Bernie don't you think you are over dressed for this occasion it's Vanny and her hubby we are expecting not any of your Malaysian suitors. Momma!!! ( I called out), please come and see what your daughter is wearing. I don't have this time.

I need to check out Vanny's room once more to make sure everything thing is in order.
Being here, in her room got me wishing I had a man I could build a home with, a man I can call my own, someone I would wake up to every morning and plant a kiss on his forehead before I get out of bed, someone I will love forever, if wishes were horses.

(Car horn blasting)********
oh my!!! the driver is here. I quickly rushed out of the room to see if it's actually Vanny and her Hubby. (running out) Bernisse! Bernisse!! Where is this girl?

OMG I opened the door and looked outside and it's Vanny yippee!!!! I quickly rushed to the car, when she saw me she couldn't wait for the car to properly pack she dashed out and came straight for me. oh lord, we gave our self the tightest hug ever, we held ourselves so tight I broke down in tears I missed her so much and she hasn't been here for me to cry on her shoulder. I missed the hell outta this chic here.

I can't tell how long we have been hugging but we came back to reality when her husband tapped her on her shoulder guess he got tired of the scenario and I noticed momma and Bernisse were also staring at us.

Vanny runs to momma and Bernisse. Hugs them tightly at this point the driver drove off and I noticed Vanny's hubby couldn't wait to get his wife's attention back. I had to intervene. "OK girls let's get into the into house".

"Oh baby (Vanny reaches for her hubby) meet my second family I told you all about them already. Clarrisse meet Derek my husband, Derek Clarrisse"

Derek reached out for my hand and we shook hands, when he held my hand I felt uncomfortable, I just can't tell. I look into his eyes and smile. Nice to meet you Derek. he replied. Well Vanny caught a big one here, Derek is damn cute, light skin, brown eyes, tall, pink lips, the whole six pack kinda body, cute smile and seems gently. I'm so happy for Vanny she is blessed.

"OK OK ( momma says) we can do all this inside, Vania I know you don't like cold food".

Vania cuts in. Momma don't tell me you made my favorite Nigerian Jollof.

"Off course I did ( momma says smiling)"

Vanny quickly heads for the door pulling hubby's hand "baby you need to try momma's jollof, trust me you have never had anything like it".