Chapter 10. The Hang Out (ii)

We are in here and Derek is acting like a prisoner who just regained his freedom after 20 years of captivity. He started dancing from the door. I felt really out of place when we entered the clubbing lounge considering the fact that them girls where almost naked.  I appeared too decent for the occasion.

It's been ages I saw people smoking like a burning house especially girls. Everyone here looked like they had zero worries.

It took a while to get a seat. After we were seated a very hot waitress came to take our order. Derek turned to me.

"What do you want? "

This is not my kind of fun hang out.  I like to do places where I can have spicy cow head, Nkwobi, Snails, and maybe palm wine but here we are stuck with doing it foreign.

"American Honey"

"Nice choice"

Derek screams over the music, the music was damn too loud.  Felt like I had a speaker on my head.

"Hennessy, thank you".

I did not know what else to do so I brought out my phone and decided to scroll through instagram. Oh lord I didn't tell Vania about the hangout.  I need to do that now.  I quickly texted her and told her we were out.  She did not reply anyways, off course she is asleep. Every sane human should be in bed now.

The drinks are here and wow American honey always does it for me. Several sips just turned on a switch I was moving my body to the beat and all I felt was excitement. I screamed into Derek's ear.

"Thanks for bringing me here"

He laughed out loud abnormally.

The DJ decided to drive me nuts when he played Fake luv by Duncan Mighty ft Wizkid. I was already on my feet. Any song from Duncan Mighty does it for me being a Ph girl his songs brings a feel of home. Derek was a bit surprised that I could actually step. His eyes were glued on me, I became uncomfortable and took my seat.  He took up my glass of drink and tried to feed me with it, I snatched the glass away him and helped my self. Then he whispers to me.

"I will be right back! "

I nodded in approval, guess he wants to take a look around. The minute Derek went out I went back to scrolling through  instagram after a while I felt someone standing in front of me.  His perfume got my attention , I would give anything to know what he is wearing dude smells like paradise. I noticed he is been staring at me for a while. His seat is adjacent to ours and dude decided to hunt me with his eyes, now he is here to say God-knows what. He gently took Derek's seat and maintained a space between us.  He was practically shouting.

"Hey I'm Bryan"

He stretched his hand for a hand shake. I reluctantly shook his hand and tried to go back to my instagram business.

"what's your name Beautiful"

So I really hate it when strangers call me beautiful, pretty, baby and all those deceitful names they use on women.  I felt like I should just tell him off but something in me wasn't in the bitchy mood so I let it fly.

"Clarrisse!!" I screamed to him

"Cla... Claire??"

"No.. Clar r.... risse"

"OK Clarrisse, please I can I have your number?"

Thats the part I hate to experience. I don't even like meeting people in the club maybe I'm old fashioned, I just feel the people here cannot be trusted. Well I'm here too it doesn't make me a bad a person and the dude is extra cute and cool, maybe I need more friends.