Chapter 12. Confession

It's crazy how fast the week flies. It's over 3 weeks I promised to confess to Vania and Momma. No more procrastination, thank God it's Friday. I will leave the office earlier than usual so I can see Vanny before heading home to momma. Bernisse went back to school last week.

Meanwhile last week Sunday Bryan's mum invited me to church, at first it felt Awkward but it wasn't a bad idea after all. After church she offered me Sunday rice and I couldn't say no. Bryan on his part has been a wonderful friend. I hardly do lunch breaks with Derek because Bryan is always here to take me out or he brings me lunch.

Now what I don't get is why Bryan isn't saying anything yet. It's obvious that he wants more than what we share now I'm kinda confused about his intentions. He has been pressuring me to let him meet momma but I don't think it's wise for now until I'm sure of what he really wants with me.

Look who we have here.

"Hey Boss!"

"Don't Boss me Clarrisse you haven't been a good friend, You don't update me anymore. How is your friend Bryan, is he coming today?"

"No he isn't and yeah he is fine."

"The guy is cool you know right?"

"kinda"

"Has he asked you out yet?"

"Derek I'm really worried, he hasn't said anything. Isn't it abnormal?"

"No it isn't. Bryan is very coordinated, I'm sure he is just taking his time. I kinda like him though and your bestie likes him too."

"Vania! She just met him once and she already endorsed him. Derek please I will like to leave soon I have a lunch date with Vania. "

"Segregation at its peak! How come I'm left out?"

"it's a girl thing ok and you have a company to run (wink) "

"OK you can leave when your ready."

"Thanks Boss you're the best."

I already texted Vania asking her to meet me at our favourite native food spot. I really hope everything works out fine. I'm at the verge of loosing my friend. I pray she takes the confession well.

*****************************************
I've been sitting here for over 30 minutes and Vania keeps saying am close, I'm close. What's with Nigerians and keeping to time.

Oh finally she is here.

"Sorry darling I kept you waiting."

"it's OK darl. Come-on sit here."

" Clarrie you sounded really worried, what's troubling my bestie."

"Vanny you're now a part of me and it's going to be totally unfair if I hid anything from you. I don't know how to say this and I don't know how you are going to take it but Sis I want you to know that I'm deeply sorry and I will never betray your trust in me even though you decide that our friendship is over, you will never stop being my bestie. ...."

"Clarrisse I'm confused. Look here nothing on earth can break our friendship you're my sister OK. What ever it is say it already, we will talk about it, eat and go home stronger than ever. So shoot."

" At some point I fell in love with Derek"

"Which Derek? "

"Your Husband"

"Clarrisse have you been sleeping with my husband?"

"Hell no! "

"So what are you saying?"