Mad Max

your p.o.v

The drive was quiet to the arcade, I sighed as my mind went back to Joyce comforting me when I woke from my nightmare.....I was lucky nothing happened when I was asleep. I remembered when I first lived alone with nightmares that never ending. I would wake up to find the whole factory in shambles, pieces of metal protruding from the ground, glass broken to pieces and all sort of other things. I never had a bad dream since I thought I got over everything that happened at the lab ....but now ....I find myself unsure now.

"We're here." I snapped out of my thoughts and looked out the window to see the arcade. "Cool." When we got out Johnathan said he would be back to pick us up in an hour or so and to enjoy or self's. "Okay .....let's go kill us some monsters ."will smiled and we both went in "I want to introduce you to some of my friends." He said and I nodded. It may not look like it but I rather hangout with kids then other people, especially teenagers but Johnathan seemed to be the one exception to that rule. "Will!" I heard someone yell and I fallowed will to his group of three friends.

They kinda ....what's a good world for this?.....I don't know shocked? Is that a good word for this? Well they couldn't stop looking at me like I was a illusion. "Guys this (y/n)...remember I told you about her, (y/n) this is Mike, Dustin, and Lucas ." Will said and pointed to each of them, I waved at them and they kinda waved back. "Well? Are we just gonna stand here or are we gonna play?" Dustin, who has cute curly hair spoke "You play ?" I scoffed "You better believe it curly." I smiled and we all kinda went off to play different games. I was playing Galliga when I heard groans coming from the other side of me. I looked up momentarily too see it was Will and his group if friends. They must have lost . I kept playing till I beat this one person, Mad Max. Their score was impressive but, I was gonna be the new top for this game. I sighed when lost and at good score....I decided to leave 001 as my name on the game and I went over to them. "So ....the dragon won then?" They all winced and I smiled, I had noticed will began to walk off, I thought he was gonna play one more game but he went outside and kinda looked at the black night sky. I had noticed Mike looking for Will "Mike ...can you go check on will, he went outside." He nodded and left leaving me with Dustin and Lucas. "Who's Mad Max?" Dustin said , I looked over to the screen to find the same name that was on mine. "Funny ...I had that was name on the game I was playing too.."

I shivered ....I felt like something was here ...it was the same feeling I had last year....

After a couple of minutes when will came in with Mike Johnathan pulled up. "I'll tell will to bring y'all over when my house is ready boy's." And we left.

I needed to talk to Joyce...

When we got to the house Joyce was with a guy in the leaving room. He seemed really nice, so I didn't mind. "Hey everyone." The guys said and Johnathan and Will waved a tired hello and went to there rooms "And you must be (y/n) Joyce has told me about you I'm Bob." I smiled "nice to meet you Bob." He smiled and kissed Joyce a goodnight and left . " uh.... Joyce ....can we talk?" She smiled and nodded. She moved over so I could set next to her on the couch. "Is it about the dream?" I nodded, I sighed.

"You guys are nice, heck y'all the nicest people I've met in a long time...and I know you want me to stay here." She nodded understanding what I was saying so far. "It's just ....my dream brought up things I thought I was over with, but I guess I'm not. I never new my mom she died after she gave birth to me, and my dad was ....well I ran way very young and I don't know if he been looking for me ." I felt like crying but I couldn't. " He knows people, but earlier today I thought I saw something that reminded me of him." She pulled me in close, I never been held like this before ."that's why I can't stay here with you, I can't keep y'all up at night with my dreams, I highly doubt he would come for me I've been gone for so long but I can't take that risk." She nodded, we just sat in silence.