15. Shattered pieces

[present, New Orleans]

I still sat my bed, staring at the wall infront of me when someone came into my room. That's when I snapped out my dreams. "I'm sorry." A familiar voice whispered and I nodded briefly. "You aren't. And it's okay. I was just shocked. I shouldn't have said it out loud." That's when a new thought came into my mind. "Why did you ask me anyway? I know it wasn't a proposal, but--" "What if it was?" And that was when I first looked at Klaus.

"What?" I whispered, shocked again. "I realized that I never said it back." He said and we stared into eachothers eyes. "I- I was dying, Nik. I thought I wasn't going to see you again, but I still meant every single word. Don't say it because you feel like you have to. Okay?" I smiled at him and softly stroke his cheek.

Not a minute later I was laying on my bed, while he hovered over me. I sighed when he started to leave soft kisses on my neck. "Are you trying to seduce me?" I whispered and wrapped my arms around his neck, brushing my fingers through his hair. "Well, it depends... Does it work?" He whispered into my ear and I chuckled. "Maybe." I said. "I'm not quite sure ." I added. He chuckled at my ear and I closed my eyes, brushing my fingers through his hair.

He continued to kiss my body. And I let him. Even when he took off my shirt. I knew where this was going if I wouldn't stop it. And that was when I stopped it. I sat up abruptly and Klaus eyed me once more before looking into my eyes. I didn't even exactly knew what to say. "It's okay." He suddenly said and took my hand in his. "No. I- I want this. I want this with you, but..." I whispered and then sighed. I only tipped with my finger at my ear and he understood. "Right." He chuckled. Then he started to laugh at it and I flashed my eyes, even when I didn't want to. "What is so funny?" I asked and got up quickly.

Klaus flashed infront of me. "It's not you, love. It's just-- You're right." He said and I heard someone else laughing. "What is it?" I heard Hope confused and then Kol laughing again. "This is just hilarious." I growled at the youngest Mikaelson brother, took my shirt on again and went downstairs. Kol went silent immediately. I flicked my wrist and he suddenly kneeled. I kneeled infront of him and whispered into his ear. "Laugh one more time and I will tear your heart out." I snapped and then got, releasing Kol with it. "I want to see you try." He said and I snapped his neck. "Just be quiet for once." I whispered and then went to my old apartement. I knew from Hayley that Freya still paid for it. I totally forgot about this place. About the memories.

When I arrived there nothing had changed. It's been 7 years and it still looked the same. I smiled slightly when I entered the living room. I remembered the sleepless nights with Cami whenever she was over. How Davina taught me my first spell from the witches here. How all of us met and just talked. In the middle of the craziness they still had the time to talk to me. And I missed it dearly. When I looked at the old photos I realized what I lost in my life.

I broke down sobbing in the middle of my living room when the old memories hit me. When it became unbearable I screamed, holding my head. Glass shattered to the ground. Memories flashed through my head and that was when I snapped. I searched for the little black box with the froze blood vile in it and when I found it, I cried happy tears.

"Olivia, that's enough!" I heard a voice behind me. A voice I really wanted to hear. "You need to stop. I know exactly what you want to do, but you gotta stop. It won't work and you know it." Davina placed a hand on my shoulder and turned me around her. "I- I broke his neck. I was- I wasn't thinking. I'm so sorry-" I stuttered and Davina wrapped her arms around me. "It's okay. It really is. We understand. Kol won't be mad." She whispered and I closed the little box inside of my hand before wrapping my arms around her.

"I just wanted a normal life. Is this too much to ask for? I want normal best friends, a normal relationship, children, marriage. Those things." I said sobbing and we sat down on the couch. "It is not, Olivia. It's okay to want those things, believe me, I want some of them too. It's okay to want things. But one the bright side you're gonna have them. You're gonna have a child, marriage with the man you love. And if it's Klaus, then just do it. In the end, it's gonna happen anyway. So, don't be sad, Olivia. The best things are about to come." She whispered and took my hand. I looked down at her ring. "I wish I was there." I mumbled and she chuckled.

"Now I really wish you were there too, but you took our memories so..." She stated and I was the one to chuckle now. "Well, I don't know if I could've come because I never left Meridial. But I'm happy that you're happy, Davina. Really." I assured her and then I heard a knock at my door. I sighed. "Davina?" "He wouldn't let me come alone. I'm sorry." She said and I took deep breaths before walking to the door. When I opened it, Freya walked in and looked concerned over to me. "Alright... Okay. Come in." I said and the Mikaelson siblings gave me a worried look. One was missing. Klaus. Then they stepped in. "There is something you should know." Elijah said and I closed the door.

Rebekah and Kol sat down to Davina. "What is it?" I asked and turned to them. Elijah and Freya looked worried at my surroundings and I just nodded. "What is wrong?!" I rose my voice and they flinched. "It's about Meridial." Kol slowly said and I sighed again. "The soul stone still exists, Olivia. Sara told Nik and they've been hiding it from you since we're back." Rebekah looked up to me and my eyes glowed dangerously at her words. "They what?" I growled. They had no right. "Wait... How do you know?" I asked, trying to calm my anger.

"Hayley overheard a conversation between them after you left and told us right away." Freya stated and I walked up to the door. "Thank you. I take it from here. Freya please take Hope out of the compound." I said before opening a portal that led me to the courtyard. They others rushed here within seconds. "There you are. We've been worried about you." Sophia said and my anger suddenly grew instantly. With a flick of my wrist, she fell to the ground.

Freya took Hope outside while I was searching for the people I did trust more than anyone. But no more. They came downstairs and I immediately flashed my eyes at them. "You!" I growled at my sister and took her by her arm. "You little liar." I spat and felt the magic in her veins. "You're hurting her, Olivia." Klaus said and I growled again. "Don't you dare talk to me!" I looked over to him.

"What's going on? What is she doing?" Marcel asked as he entered the compound and then was held back by Rebekah. "Don't." She said. I let my sister go and she looked betrayed to siblings. "You told her. Of course you did." She shook her head. "Damn right they did! Because you never had the intention to tell me! Now leave, Sara! Take Sophia and vanish again.  If I see you here one more time, I will kill you." I quietly treathend. She did what I told her and then went off with Sophia. "Olivia?" Klaus said and with a glare I pushed him against a wall.

"And you! You knew the whole time and never told me! That stone was the last living piece of Meridial. I could've tried to go back, but you wouldn't let that happen. You lied to me! You knew exactly that I missed my realm and still hid that information from me. From your other half." The last words were sharp. "I tried to protect you." He said and I let go him, laughing at this like a maniac.

"You what? I don't need protection! The people around me need it, but not me. Until now I've never regret meeting you. But now, I wish I could go back and never walked through those damn woods so Kol wouldn't have found me! You and I ... This was a mistake." I said and in the end I realized that it wasn't but I couldn't care right now.

"Don't..." He whispered. "We're over. You and I are done. You could've told me the truth but you didn't, so this is your fault. Goodbye Klaus." I said in pain before turning around and walking out of the compound.

Tears rolled over my cheeks when he called me desperately by my name but I didn't look back. And I won't. I bit my lip and made my way back to my apartement. When I opened the door I let it all in and then I knew it;

That is what it feels like when your world collapsed.