24. Turning Pages

[ Third POV | 2000's | somewhere in England]

Leah Hale walked right into the house, in search of something or better someone. "Well, if this isn't the witch who tried to take us down!" The british voice behind her made Leah stop in her tracks and she slowly turned around to the original vampire. "Klaus..." she said with quick heartbeats, but when she saw the wide grin on his face she calmed down. "Leah, still the only witch I can rely on." He said and then the both of them embraced eachother in a hug. "Klaus, the only earthwalker I don't want to kill immediately." She said under laughter and then turned around when she heard footsteps appearing. "Well, I hope I happen to be on your good side." Elijah voiced and they also greeted eachother with wide smiles.

All of the sudden the moods in the room shifted and they walked into the living room. "I need it back." Leah said and carefully placed a hand on her stomach. "Wow, this is quite the news." Klaus surprisingly said and then nodded. "The necklace." He then whispered and went to get it. "You found your other half then?" Elijah asked and Leah faced him, smiling and nodding.

"Yeah. He- um- he's a witch and what a surprise he's from New Orleans, so..." Now it was awkward and they knew it. "Congratulations, Leah. After three hundred years alone-" Elijah was cut off by his younger brother who watched them with the necklace in his hands. "Well, it was about time." He said and a smirk made his way on it's pink lips.

When Klaus went to hand Leah her old necklace over it started to glow in a way which made Leah think about the first time she made eye contact with Daniel. It was her eyes that glowed in the same green instead of the necklace. "Oh my god." She said very quietly and sat down. "What is happening?" Klaus asked and growled because inside of him something hurt.

"I'm having a girl. I'm also pretty sure that she'll be more of a revilas than an earthwalker which means..." "she could have a bond." Elijah ended her sentence and Leah nodded. "My bloodline is strong. And this necklace is over thousands of years old. It was never wrong before, Nik. I'm-" She was cut off again by the Mikaelson brother who looked up in shock and fascination of those news. "There is nothing to apologize for, Leah." He whispered and then put his hand on her arm.

He also showed her the vision he just had. A vision of a grown-up Olivia Hale. A vision of his future other half. "From now on you will be protected. From every possible danger reaching out to you. I promise you." He said and in that moment Elijah's head shot up and he realized that better days were waiting in the future. Little did he know that the brothers would have to go through much more darker days first before finally seeing the light.

"Always and Forever." Leah whispered and also took Elijah's hand and he repeated the vow. "Always and Forever." Klaus said and locked eyes with his older brother and the now pregnant revilas.

[ Olivia |present | New Orleans ]

I was sitting on the rooftop, watching New Orleans' skyline and patting my stomach for the fourth time now in the last three weeks. "I will never abandon you, my darling. And I will spare you any pain. And I will try to make it work. Even when your Dad isn't accepting any of it. Your aunties Hayley, Freya and Bex are so excited to meet you, you know? You will be born into a better future, a brighter light. I promise you." I whispered and when I heard something crack I looked around anxiously. When I realized it was Klaus I sighed. "You scared the hell outta me!" I exclaimed, then folded my arms and watched down at New Orleans again.

"How much did you hear?" I whispered and he sat down next to me. "Everything." He said quietly and watched her carefully. "I'm not sorry. About all of this! I'm not because this is what I want. Whether you're doing this with me or not, Nik. And when I look at Hope... well, you are not a bad Dad, but what you said... it hurt. It still does." And it did. We fought almost every day in those three weeks and everyone around us was sick of it. And I was, too.

"When Hayley was pregnant with Hope I've had this fight with Marcel. Over New Orleans. I cared much more about that than her. I've made mistakes and now I might repeat them with you and I don't want that, Olivia. I don't want our child to be born in a warzone, between life and death. And I don't want you to die." He said quietly and I realizied how hard it must have been for him to say that.

I took his hand and faced him by turning around. "I will not die giving birth to my only child!" I quickly said and locked eyes with him. "This child... our child will not be born into a warzone and I will slaughter everyone who even thinks of harming her." I whispered and then watched his widden eyes as he realized something and I also did.

"Her?" He asked and then I saw a honest happy smile on his lips. "Freya and Sophia ran a few tests and are pretty sure that it's girl." I answered and the next thing I felt was his lips crashed on my own.
After a few mere seconds we pulled away and I rested my head on his shoulder.

Then I saw a scene in my head. My mom and... him. "I've visited Meridial and they're sure. It's really a girl. I'm really having a baby!" My mother exclaimed and smiled happily at Klaus and Elijah. "Too bad that I can't tell Rebekah about that!" She then said and she glared at Klaus. "We've talked about this. We've already fled Chicago. Now that you're pregnant with the next Queen of Meridial we can't risk that Rebekah will behave." Klaus said and then went to drink some of the bourbon they had left.

Suddenly everything changed.

"No, this is you trying to control everything around you! You try to make this about Rebekah reacting to me being pregnant but it's you! And it's always been you, Klaus." She exclaimed suddenly angry. "You're the one who left this damn necklace with me. Without it-" "Say it! Be honest with me for one damn time, Klaus!" Klaus turned around to her and vamp-speeded infront of her, growling angry at her. "It's always been about you, Leah! You and how you would handle things! But the truth is you're even more useless to me than any other witch on this earth! You are no goddess. You are not special in anyway! And your baby is no different and I couldn't care less about this baby. Or you, for the matter." Klaus yelled at her and my mother's eyes sparkled in a dark green tone.

"Well, then, you are exactly what Mikael says. An abomination. A beast. And you'll always be that. You will find no love or happiness. Ever! Because you would've to let people in and you're afraid as hell to do that. You are and always will stand alone with thousand of enemies against you! And since I am even more useless than any earthwalker then I better pack my things and take my baby and myself out of your eyes and I hope that she never has to see you. Because my child will be better off without you as the villian in her dreams. And if this bond will ever exist I will make sure it will cease to exist because she already deserves better." She spat. "Then go!!!" Klaus yelled out in hurt and anger. And that's what she did. She left and not even looked back as her heart shattered in tiny pieces of those harshful words from the both of them.

I opened my eyes and saw into his remorseful eyes. "It's okay. It happened a long time ago and things have changed. A lot. I know you wouldn't talk about her or me that now, would you?" He shook his head and I nodded for a moment. "See? Everything is fine." I tried to smile but it fell off immediately. "I miss her." I whispered and he wrapped an arm of his around my waist. "I know. I miss her, too." He quietly said and I faced him, again. "Don't look so surprised, my love. This was the worst and first fight we've ever had. But still, I miss her. She was my best friend... through centuries." He confessed and I smiled again, now honestly. "For how long did you actually know her?" I asked and his eyes met mine.

"Fourhundred years. It was a while after I first tried to break my curse. I found her in London. It was her favorite city and even after she had to flee. Elijah, Rebekah, Leah and I fled London together after she was called out a witch. And well, she was, of course. At first, I wanted to use her for my own plans but then she told me what she really was and Rebekah's been hellbent on protecting her ever since. We've became friends. We stuck together even when we were not with eachother." I smiled at those words and then yawned sleepily.

"I should go inside." My voice was a mere whisper. I got up and then I walked inside. He followed me inside and I wanted to go to my bedroom but before I could reach the door my feet no longer touched the ground. Klaus picked me up and my eyes closed. "I'm not letting you out of my sight. Not anymore." He whispered into my ear and laid me down on his bed and I quickly fell asleep.

I awoke when I heard a door opening. "Mom, you're no fun." I heard myself saying and when I opened my eyes I saw the familiar face of my mother. I gasped in shock but she blew a blue powder in my face and whispered,

"Sleep darling. You're gonna need it."