4

Gravity pulls Natalie down, her long bouncy brown curls fly in the wind. She was silent and tense the whole way down, until her back met with a very large black net. The first impact of her body on the net made her bounce back up into the air, causing her to burst out in laughter. Once she stopped bouncing she took a moment to collect herself by putting both of her hands onto her face. She replaced the laughter with a sigh and smile as the she could fell the net being tugged from the left. She rolled in the same direction and looked up.

"Woah.." Natalie breathes as she gawks at the man who had pulled the net, the man laughs. "What? Did you get pushed?" He asks, Natalie was shaken out of her gaze. "Nope." She tells him cheerily as he kindly helps her out of the net and onto the solid ground beneath them. "What's your name?" He asks and she brushes her hair out of her eye sight, "It's Nata..." she trails off finally getting a good look at the man in front of her. She was caught off guard by the mans good looks. Dark brown short hair, chocolate brown eyes, and a jawline so sharp it could cut metal. "Is that a hard one? You can pick a new one if you want but make it good, you won't get to pick again." He looks at her intently as she catches her breath, Natalie figured her first name seemed too perky for Dauntless so she decided to go with her middle name. "Okay, my names Jade." The unknown Dauntless member in front of her smiled at the sound of her name, and then looked off to the side.

"First Jumper, Jade!" He shouted just before he looked back to her, "Welcome to Dauntless Jade." He says to her, she smiled just as he directed her to wait over to the side. Soon she could hear a familiar scream coming from above, she looked up only to see her brother falling through the hole and onto the net. Once he was off the net he approached her with a bewildered look, "What a manly scream you got there big bro." She teased, making him roll his eyes. "Whatever, miss sunshine and rainbows." He fired back, "hey! You're from Amity just as much as I am mister!" Jade playfully pushed her brother, anticipating his retaliation she smacks his hand away as she notices all the other Dauntless born and transfers, including Christina and Beatrice -now known as Tris-, had jumped and were gathered near the side. The man that welcomed her ordered for the crowd to listen and gather around.

"Dauntless Born go with Lauren, transfers stay with me." The Dauntless born follow a slim, pale brunette with purple dyed strands. "Hey," Miles nudged Jade and pointed to the same man that helped her off the net. "That's the guy I was talking about yesterday, with a number for a name and all." And the focus returned back to this man supposedly named "Four". "I'll be your instructor throughout the stages of Dauntless Initiation." He paused, "My names Four." He confirms, Jade looked at her brother who was trying his best not to laugh. And instead of him laughing, Jade heard a feminine chuckled from in front of her.

"Four? Like the number?" Christina asked with a grin on her face. "Exactly like the number." Four answered seriously, Christina held her grin but this time had a devious look on her face. "What happened? One through three were taken?" Four rolled his eyes as most laughed at Christina's joke, including Miles. Jade lost her smile, only because she didn't find the joke funny. Jade watched as Fours eyes bounced back and forth between Miles and Christina as he inched his way closer to the two of them. But Jade happened to notice he set his eyes with hers for just a moment, before looking at Miles and Chris.

"What's your name?" He asked looking down at Chris, she clicks her tongue and kindly gives him her name. "Well," he paused, "Christina, the first lesson you learn from me, if you wanna survive here, is keep your mouth shut. Do you understand me?" She replies with a yes and Four nearly backs away, until he meets eyes with a grinning Miles. "Oh and also," Four mutters as he slips pass Christina and another initiate to get to Jade's brother, and quickly looks him up and down with a slight scowl on his face. Miles doesn't flinch, but he did drop his smile, and replaced it with this unfamiliar aggressive expression. "What's so funny Miles?" Four asks a good few inches away from Miles face.