8

The next day she woke up just as her friends and brother came to check up on her. Tris, Chris, Will and Miles were all wearing vests, Miles sat on the bed. "God you look horrible.." Miles breathes as he grabs his sisters bruised up hand, he looked as if he were about to cry. "At first I was witnessing my little sis kick some candor ass, then the next thing I know I'm watching my baby sister get beaten down by some honest fuckwad. Peter's lucky Eric knew what I was gonna do." Miles confesses, Will comes up on the other side of Tris. "Yeah after Peter knocked you out, Eric had to stop your brother from going after Peter." Will said, Jade looks at Miles and he had a guilty look on his face. She squeezes his hand, and smiles gratefully at him.

"Jade I'm so sorry, I thought for sure you could beat Peter. I swear I never meant for this to happen." Tris guiltily explains, "Tris it's okay, I thought I could take him myself." Jade tells Tris that's it's okay, and that she doesn't blame her for Peters ass kicking. "How long have I been out?" Jade asks weakly, "about a day." Tris answers softly. "A day? Have you seen the scoreboard? Where am I?" She asks, "You're right below the line." Christina answers, Jade sat up a bit concerned. "Why are you wearing those vests?" Jade questions, "War games." Will hesitantly answered. Jade began to sit fully up, it was painful but she was determined to get through the initiation. Miles stopped her but kept his focus on the floor, Jade could see the tears on his cheeks.

"Woah, what are you doing?" Christina asks, "I'm coming." - "you can't." Chris abruptly says. Jade looks at everyone in disbelief, "Eric says you're done." Will sorrowfully adds. "What?" Jade was in pure, and sheer disbelief, "He says you're out." Miles says trying to hold back his tears. "I couldn't believe it when he did." Her friends apologize and leave for war games but Miles, he stays right by her side even though she insists on him leaving her. "No I'm not leaving you. If you're out, I'm out. Before we even chose to come to Dauntless, you said to me we need to stick together. So that's what I'm doing, I'm staying with my sister." Miles states, Jade sheds tears of sadness mixed with awe but eventually; she shakes her head.

"Miles, I would love to have you by my side everyday, but where I'm going is to the Factionless and the last thing I wanna do is drag you down there with me. Now get out there and on that train. I'm not gonna tell you again." Jade demanded, Miles looks at her with sadness in his eyes. "Oh and, I'm sorry I never got to find out if Tris likes you today." She apologized, he stood up off the bed and kissed her forehead, "Don't worry about it, I took care of it." Miles says. "You did? Well? What happened? What did she say?" Jade questions, excited and obviously curious. "She said she likes me back." Miles answers, "oh my god! See I told you she'd love you."Jade tells him, he chuckles a bit. "I love you little sis." Miles says just before running off for War games. "I love you too big bro." She says, knowing all to well he was out of ear shot. A tear fell down her cheek as she could feel her heart break, and it overwhelmed her. It overwhelmed her so much she just couldn't sit there in that infirmary and sulk.

She hoped out of that bed grabbed her jacket and raced for the door, she could see the train leaving and ran as fast she could. She eventually caught up with the last train car and could see Four leaning against the opening. He grabbed the inside handle and reach a hand out, and helped her up onto the train. "How many more times do I have help you up?" He joked, Jade laughed. "Hopefully none." Jade said. "But thanks again uh, .." Jade pretended to count on her fingers, "Seven was it?" She joked.

Four chuckled, "Okay look, I am genuinely sorry that I forgot your name, is there any way I can make it up to you?" He asks, she gives him a sweet smile. "Hmmm," she took a moment to think, "Just don't forget it again, Four." She responds with, making him smile. Eventually Tris, Chris, Al, Will and Miles surround her, surprised by her presence. Miles tackles her into a tight hug and she gladly returns it. The mood is perfectly fine until Eric comes from the crowd of vest wearing Dauntless initiates.