12

She leaves the tattoo parlor and goes to the pit in attempts to find her brother, once she spotted him she made her way over. "Hey sis, what's wrong?" He asks concerned, seeing the look she had on her face. "Miles we need to go, now." - "Go? Go where?" He questions, "Home, let's go." - "Natalie we can't go home," Miles said, not realizing he used her first name. "Oh yes we can and Oh yes we are, I'll explain on the way." She pulls Miles towards the nearest exit of the pit, and she couldn't help but catch a glimpse of Four on the pits balcony, Eric had just walked away from him. And the only reason she immediately spotted him is because he was looking directly at her. She had a feeling he had just ratted them out, but regardless of it she pulled Miles by the arm out of Dauntless and onto the train towards Amity.

She explains to him that Dauntless is a threat to the both of them and that they somehow needed to convince Johanna to let them come back. She also tells him what their mother had said and assumed that she grew up with Johanna, which gave them a good chance at her saying yes to them returning to their faction. Once they get there they head straight for their house first, their old faction members steered clear of their path. Considering they definitely dressed the part for aggressive Dauntless members. Jade knocked on her very nostalgic front door, to the very memory ridden house of their childhood.

Their father opened the door, "I'll be damned," he says in shock, the twins laugh at hearing their father curse for the first time. Soon their father engulfs them into a big hug. They enter their home quickly, "Honey get out here please, you're not gonna believe whose here." Their overly excited father calls. Their mother comes out from the kitchen and nearly drops the spoon she was holding. And even though Jade saw her mother just days ago she hugs her just as tight, Miles hugs their mother as well. "Awwe, look at you two. My little soldiers." She comments admiring the two of them, "Mom we need to ask a favor of you." Miles says nervously.

"Of course, What is it dear?" She says, "We did like you said a-and told no one but, I-I think they already know about us." Jade says. "Mom I'm scared," Jade confessed, a tear fell down her cheek. "Know about you? What do they know about you?" Their father asks confused and concerned, Jade and Miles figured their mother kept him out of all the commotion. "Honey, our children are Divergent. They aren't safe." She quickly explains, rubbing his shoulder. "What are we going to do? I mean I can't live life knowing my children are being hunted." Their father asked, "That's exactly why we came all the way over here for. Mom, dad, since you and Johanna are such good friends maybe you could convince her to let us come back." Jades says.

"Sweetheart even if I did it wouldn't be up to her. It's against the rules." Their mother explains, "What are we gonna do mom?" Miles asks. "Don't let them know what you really are. You must hide your Divergence to get by, and you must never tell a soul. You two must go now, somebody has probably already alerted Johanna. We love you two dearly, be safe." Their mother and father hugged them goodbye. They took heir leave and made it back to Dauntless. Later that day Jade found herself dangling her legs over the ledge of the chasm, staring down into the depths of the huge ravine like hole, letting her thoughts consume her. It was dark but not dark enough to scare her. Moments later she begins to hear shuffling coming from the hall behind her and stood to investigate.

And what she saw was a terrible sight, three men in masks forcefully holding Tris in the air, coming towards the chasm. Jade rushed to her friend's aid and threw the first one she could get a hold on into the nearest wall. The next, she rammed her knee into his junk and he fell to his knees clutching his groin. Tris was in an arm lock by the last one so Jade picked up a large piece of loose cement and hit the masked man in the head with it. He fell back and Jade told Tris to run, "What? no!" Tris argues gripping onto her arm. Jade sees her profusely bleeding and broken arm, "They broke your arm, now if you don't mind I'd like to break one of theirs without having to protect you so go!" Jade argues back.

Tris nods and runs down the hallway and to the left. All three got back on their feet and set eyes on Jade, "Change of plans boys, throw her over instead!" One of them said, and to Jade that voice was all too familiar; Peter. They began stepping closer to her, she tried to fight them off but she was undoubtably over-powered. They managed to pick her up off the ground but she sure as hell wasn't going down without a fight. She kicked, punched, bit, scratched, screamed and wriggled in their grips. Once they were at the edge of the deep ravine Jade managed to get her feet onto the ground, yet the three were still attempting to push her over the edge.

One of her worst fears were coming true and she couldn't believe it. She grabbed one of their masks and pulled it right off, still struggling against them. And she couldn't believe her own eyes; Al. One of her very own friends attempted to kill Tris, and now herself. She fights them harder while the sound of someone running comes from the same hall she was just man-handled in.

It was Four, Jades heels were over the edge just before Four took Al and threw him forcefully into the wall beside them. Four then pulled Jade out of harms way and in the direction of the hallway. Jade watched as Four skillfully handled the other two masked attempted murderers. He shoved the first one into the other, then flipped over the one he didn't shove by his arm. The one that he shoved got back up and took a swing at Four, he dodged it and Four kneed him in the gut.

The one he flipped got back up as well but Four stopped his attempted swing. He grabbed him by the back of his neck and rammed him into the same wall he did Al and then immediately rammed his own knee into the masked cowards face. Once all three were writhing in pain on the floor he made his way over to Jade, "Are you alright?" He asked concerned. Jade was breathless, tired and beat up but regardless of all that she nodded. "Let's go." Four took Jade to this large open room, she assumed it was his apartment in Dauntless. "Make yourself comfortable, I'll be right back." Four left off around the corner, Jade looked around a bit and then weakly sat down on a comfy looking bed that laid against this large multi-color window pane. She realized how close, and personal she was getting with her instructor, causing her to smile.

She looked down at herself, and her hands were completely bruised and cut up, and her shirt was torn. Four returns, but now he had a long sleeve shirt in his hands. "Here, put this on." He hands it to her and she takes it. "Thank you." She says faintly after putting on the cozy shirt, she knew it was one of his because it was too big and it smelled just like him. "You'll be safe here for tonight," he says, crouching down with a wet rag and a bucket full of water in front of the bed Jade was sat on.

He took her right hand in his and began cleaning her wounds with the wet rag. It was painful but Jade let him anyways, and she looked down at her own hand in his. Her petite, feminine hand looked even smaller in his large, masculine one. After a few moments Jade broke the silence, "I can't believe Al," she said. "Can't believe he was perfectly okay with literally throwing away his own friends." Jade adds.

Four looks up at her confused, "Friends? You weren't the only one involved?" He asks, she shakes her head. "No. Actually I uh, I was near the chasm when I heard struggling from the hallway. They targeted Tris at first, until I managed to get them off her." She explains, "They broke her arm, she tried to stay and fight but I told her to run." Four stops cleaning her hand. "I couldn't let them get to her again, I don't know why but it was worse to watch then actually have it happen to myself." Jade slightly chuckled, Four was looking at her dumbfounded. "What you did was really brave and really selfless, and the whole Al situation is because you and Tris are moving up through the ranks and he's failing." Four explains to her, "It makes him hate himself, it makes him hate anyone who's better then him. He's afraid." Four finishes, Jade furrowed her eyebrows as Four began cleaning her other hand. "Everyone's afraid." She responds, "I know, but fear does something strange to people like Al," he says, "But you? No. Fear doesn't change how you think or how you process things, Fear gives you a reason to keep going, a reason to keep fighting. I've definitely seen it." Four gives her this look she's never seen before from him. It was a look of admiration.

She smiles at him just before he stands up with the bucket and rag in one of his hands. He looks at her again, and this time, it was almost dreamily. "You should get some sleep, I'll take the floor." He says as he turns to leave, just then Jade grabbed his wrist. He looked down at her, "Thank you, for saving my life, again." She says softly, he gives her sweet smile. "No need to thank me for something I wouldn't think twice about doing." He says as Jade releases him and lays her head down on one of his pillows as he left around the corner, she inhales deeply through her nose. Her heart pounds in her ears as she finally realizes she's more then just attracted to her instructor. She was wholeheartedly, in love with that man. The pleasant smell of cologne mixed with Four's masculine scent from the shirt he had given her, had comforted her as she fell fast asleep.