39

I turn back around to my older brother, and I can tell he's weak. Emotionally drained even. I was too but, I stood strong for my brother, because he's the one that needs a shoulder to cry on, not me. "Hey, look at me," I say, noticing he was staring at the ground with tears in his eyes, "Miles, look at me." I say lifting his chin, he finally looks at me. "She was lying to me, this whole time. Every time she said she loved me, she was lying." He said with a shake in his voice, "I can't believe it. I treated her like she was my everything. She was my everything." He says to me, and his tears fall.

"I know, but she's not who we thought she was." I say, and he starts crying, leaning over this time, with his hands in his hair. I hug my brother, putting my arms around his neck. He holds me tight, "I thought she'd at least be able to tell you the truth herself but, she showed us who she really was. She put up a front just to avoid hurting you, and when she got caught in her lie, she couldn't even own up to it. She didn't deserve you Miles." I say sniffling, and he cry's harder. "She didn't deserve my brother. My amazing, kind-hearted, loving brother. She's a liar, and a coward. She couldn't respect our friendship, nonetheless your relationship. And that's why we don't need her in our lives, at all. She ended any kind of possible chance to be in our lives, after putting us through this." I say, and I could tell what I was saying, was right. Only because he started to calm down little by little, the more I spoke.

"She isn't that girl you made me bump into near the train tracks, she's not that girl I introduced you to anymore. And as much as I wish that wasn't true, it is. I'm so sorry I got you into this, if I would've known she'd do this I would've never let you get close to her. She's a horrible person for hurting you like this, and for doing this to me. She hurt you and now, she's trying to hurt me. She's trying to tear me and Four apart, disregarding me and the fact that she's already hurt you once. Her getting with Four isn't exactly gonna help mend your pain and it is sure as hell not gonna help mend mine so, I'm gonna do everything in my power to stop that from happening. I'm only saying these things, these horrible horrible things about her so you can see her through my eyes. Because I don't want you to think about, or see her in the way you're used too anymore. That's the last thing I want you to do because well, that's just gonna hurt you more. And I don't want you to hurt." I continue, and he sniffles over my shoulder. "I'd kill him y'know." Miles says, and I release him a bit, "If he breaks your heart to be with Tris, I will kill him." My brother adds, and his eyes flicker gold. He's serious, and I can see it. I shake my head, "No, you won't. Because I wouldn't let you do that. And I know what you're thinking," I say, seeing his expression change at my words. "I wouldn't stop you for the sake of him, no. I wouldn't care about him if it got to that point. I'd stop you because I'm not gonna let my brother take a life. It would change you, for the worst. And I wouldn't be able to handle losing you along with him. So promise me," I say, and his eyes flood that beloved shade of green again, "Promise me you won't do anything stupid. No matter what happens, and no matter what Four decides to do. Can you promise me that?" I ask, and even though they flicker once more, he nods.

"I promise, I won't." He tells me, and I remember what I saw when Miles assumed to Four's face that he was going to leave me for Tris. I saw the first use of his powers, "Alright good, because I know you. And now that we got these uh, quote on quote "powers", I don't want the first thing you use them on to be my boyfriend." I say wiping his tears. After I do, I take his hands, holding them with his palm's up. "Can you show me?" I ask, and he clenches his fists, and stretches his fingers. "I can uh, I can only feel it when I'm angry." He says, and he closes his hands.

"Alright never mind then, cuz there's been enough anger and stress today. You wanna go back inside?" I ask, and he shakes his head. "No, I wanna go outside." He says, and I quirk at him, "Yeah? Why?" I ask him, and he smiles a bit. "I have an idea." He tells me, and takes my hand, dragging me towards the nearest exit. We burst through the doors and head into the nearby forest near the Headquarters. "So what's this idea of yours, huh?" I ask, and we hit a large clearing, where the tree's of the forest make a circle around an open green field.