18

She sits up with a gasp, and frantically looks around. She's back in the final testing auditorium, she realizes she's once again the center of attention as all the Faction leaders talk amongst each other, as does the other faction witnesses. She stands up and spots Four heading towards her, she meets him halfway. "You did good." He congratulates her with a quick kiss on the forehead. Jade looks up at Four, she squints her eyes at him in suspicious.

"You're real right? I'm not still in the Sim am I?" She asks while poking his cheek. Four laughs, "Yes I'm real," He clarifies as Jade and Four walk towards the waiting room. But just before she left the auditorium she glanced over at all the Faction leaders, and she couldn't help but notice Eric staring directly at her with the biggest grin on his face. She rolled her eyes and entered through the door of the waiting room. When they entered, her brother and friends stood, and before anyone could say anything, Jade walked over to Miles, looked him in the eyes and then laid her head onto his chest.

He pulled his sister into a hug, "What's this all about?" Her brother questions as his sister tightens her embrace on him. "You were in one of her fears genius." Four says, "I was? ...Well I mean, considering from how tight she's squeezing I'm gonna assume it didn't go too well for me, Did it?" Miles jokingly asks making Jade laugh, she pulls away and shakes her head. "No it didn't. It was so real and so.. terrible. Like, the second you died it was like I could feel myself die too." Jade explains, her brother smiles and ruffs up her curly brown hair. "Don't you worry sis, I'm not going anywhere, anytime soon." Miles says reassuringly. The group of friends then take their seats as Four presses the screen once again to randomize to the next initiate.

Jade waits as all her friends and eventually her brother are called for their final testing. Once every single initiate had been tested they all gathered in the pit, directly in front of the empty scoreboard. After what seemed to be an hour Max stepped into view from the pits balcony. Everyone quiets down, "With the first and second stage testing complete, I can now announce the rankings have officially been reevaluated," He pauses, "And unfortunately, just as last time if you are still in the red section, you will be forced to leave us. But if you are not, I am glad to welcome you brave few to the warrior faction and also welcome you to what we Dauntless members, call home." Max announces as the rankings began to appear on the board.

1. Edward
2. Peter
3. Rose
4. Jade
5. Liam
6. Miles
7. Tris
8. Uriah
9. Will
10. Ben
11. Christina
...

Jade was amazed she had been ranked so high, she turned to her friends and they all celebrated and congratulated each other. "You guys we did it! We're Dauntless!" Christina shouts, everyone cheers. Jade looks at all of her friends and could see nothing but pure happiness all around. Will and Chris were sat together lovingly on a large piece of cement, Miles and Tris were sat next to the couple with Ben standing beside. They were all laughing and talking, the sight made Jade happy.

She approaches them, "There's our MVP, how does it feel to out rank your brother and all your friends huh?" Ben questions her, Jade shakes her head. "Trust me I don't take pleasure, actually I'm pretty shocked I ranked fourth." Jade tells them, Christina snickers. "Don't you guys think it's funny she ranked the same number as her little crushes name. Also, Coincidence? I think not." Christina says aloud, seconds after she does she slaps a hand over her mouth as she and the rest of her friends widely stare at something behind Jade. She turns around and is faced with non other then Four himself, looking at Christina with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh my god, did I just.. Jade I am so sorry," Christina apologizes, Jade shakes her head. "It's okay Chris," Jade looks back and says, Christina tilts her head in confusion. "So I pull a me in front of him and you're not mad?" The former Candor questions, all her friends look at her and Four confused. Jade looks up at Four smiling, "Not at all," she says, and it was then he had slid his hand onto her jaw and presses his lips against hers passionately. She kissed him back as she could hear all four of her friends freaking out behind them, especially Christina.