33

~Jade's POV~

We enter her apartment with ease, which was odd to me, considering you'd think she'd lock the door after Liam leaving her earlier. "Lauren?" Liam calls, and silence is heard. I check her kitchen and living room while Liam -respectfully- checks her bedroom and bathroom. "She's not here." He says coming out of her room, his facial expression drops. "You don't think she's . . ." He assumes and just by the look on his face I knew exactly what he was assuming.

"No, I didn't hurl myself off the side of the chasm, I may love Eric but I don't love him that much." A feminine voice says from behind us, and thankfully, it's Lauren. "There you are, sorry to just barge on into your apartment like this but, we wanted to check on you." I say, and I notice Lauren has something in her hand. "Yeah, where'd you go just now?" Liam asks curiously, and all Lauren does is hold up what looks to be a glass bottle. She swishes the Apple-juice-like fluid around in it, "just to the cafeteria for this bad boy." She says lightly smacking the glass, and her rings 'clink' against it. Liam nearly jumps for joy and I'm left clueless, "what is that?" I ask.

And the both of them look at me with a smile, just before Lauren cracks the bottle open and begins to chug. After a little while she stops, slightly winces, and hands the bottle to me. "Why don't you drink some and find out." She says with a smile. I take the bottle and out of habit, I take a whiff from the opening. It smelled strong, and oddly bittersweet but, I shrug and put the bottle to my mouth to tip it.

The liquid hits my taste buds and I cringe right before swallowing. "Ughh, this tastes kinda like rubbing alcohol. What the hell did I just drink?" I ask, handing the bottle to my brother. Who now seemed to be laughing, along with Lauren. "It's actually drinking alcohol. Whiskey to be exact. You mean to tell me you've never had any? In Amity maybe?" Lauren asks, and I shake my head. "Honestly, I thought wine was the only kind of alcoholic beverage. Well, I mean, that's all that Amity drank for pleasure. What's so different about this, uh . . . What was it called again?" I ask, and watch as my brother begins to chug the bottle just as Lauren did.

I wasn't surprised, considering he's probably done this same thing before but, it was a strange and mature sight to see of my younger brother. He stops chugging and oddly, he doesn't cringe nor wince like me and Lauren did. Instead he smacked his lips happily, "Whiskey. And it's different because it's wayyyyyy more potent than wine. And it's also a different type of intoxication. I'd be happy to explain it to you but, an example would be much better. Lauren would you like the honors?" Liam asks, handing her the now half empty bottle. "Don't mind if I do." She says, and proceeds to chug some more. She stops and the bottle makes a 'pop' sound as she pulls her lips away.

She heads over to her love-seat and plops down. Me and Liam sit down on her couch, which was adjacent from the love-seat. The three of us begin to talk, with the occasional passing of this 'whiskey' bottle. I took one more swallow and declined the bottle when handed to me a third time, just to be safe. Unlike my brother and friend, who of which are now incoherently arguing about . . . Banana's?

"What the hell are you guys talking about?" I ask them laughing, and they both stop arguing, look at each other once, and then burst into laughter. Which caused me to laugh harder. I try to catch my breath and unfortunately, I end up snorting. My brother and Lauren were now basically turning into tomato's from laughing so hard.

I on the other hand, was turning red for a different reason. I hate when I snort. "Awww look Liam, your sister's blushing." Lauren says pointing at me, or at least trying to point at me. "Stahhpp, I'm embarrassed of my snort. I sound like a damn hog." I say, covering my face with my hands. "Well, you shouldn't be. It was cute." A voice says from behind the couch Liam and I were sitting on.