School Trip Part 7

(Eren's pov) (📝EDITED📝)

I have to admit, I myself, am tired. No...exhausted, but I can't seem to fall asleep. Now I know how you feel, Levi. I am so so sorry.

I put my head on Levi's chest, feeling it rise when he breathed. I listen closely to his heartbeat, my eyes gradually closing shut to try to get some sleep, "Goddamnit," I think. I can't sleep. There's no helping it. I try to block everyone and everything out of my head, but of course, this damn voice always somehow breaks through. 'Tch, you're worthless...brat.'

"I've already told you not to use Levi's voice. Stop it."

'Fine, you worthless faggot.' I roll my eyes as the voice makes it Jean's. 'What? You told me to change it. No one wants you here. You're a burden to everyone. You're such a nuisance. Too bad there isn't something we could use. You would be able to meet with your mother again. You can finally be happy. You can finally be free.' My eyes shot open, 'Ah, so you're intrigued. Very well. Your mother misses you, very much. She didn't blame you for everything. I'll tell you the truth later. She wasn't the one who killed herself. There's more to it. It's nothing you mere humans can understand.'

I start to cry. "You can't be serious. You've told me multiple times that I'm the one that killed my mother. That I'm the monster."

'Ah, but that's where you're wrong. You just assumed I meant your mother. You didn't kill her at all. It wasn't your fault, Eren.'

My eyes widen and by this point, I'm sobbing quietly. This is the first time the voice has used my name. "What happened to my mother?"

'I am afraid I cannot tell you that. My duty is to find and convince. I can only tell you the truth when you decide to take your own life.'

"I already told you...I'm taking my own life when we get back. I already gave Kenny the letter and told him to give it to Levi the day after we get back. That, is when I am ending my very own life."

'Very well. You're a good kid. Farewell for now then.' And with that, the voice vanishes.

***

(Third pov)

On the other side of the room, Erwin stands with a phone—the only phone they have—in his hands, "What do you mean you can't get through!? Someone is dying!" He yells. Erwin hasn't felt this stressed out in a while.

"I'm very sorry sir, but trees have fallen on the roads and are in our way. No one has any idea how we can get to you. They can barely recognize the roads in this conditio-" Erwin pulls away the phone and slams the 'End Call' button with his finger. "Jesus Christ!" He yells, not caring that people are watching. No one has ever seen Erwin like this before. They aren't used to it.

Miche frowns and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Calm down, this isn't your fault. Hanji is treating Petra. She's going to be okay. We all are," He moved his hand off of his shoulder, "Just take a deep breath," He finishes.

Erwin turns around and surprisingly takes Miche into an embrace. Erwin mumbles an apology. Miche opens his mouth to tell Erwin that it's okay when he feels a tap on his shoulder. He looks down, seeing Armin. "Is everything okay?" He asks softly.

Erwin hums in confusion and turns his head, glancing down to Armin. "Armin?" He asks questioningly.

Armin sighs, looking to the floor. "Take me to Petra. I want to make sure she's okay. Please!" Armin pleads, finally looking up to the taller males.