Chapter 29

(Eren's pov) (📝EDITED📝)

I feel Levi tense up and he clench his fist while his other hand is gripping mine as hard as he can. Levi lets go of my hand and walked up to Jean, "Levi, don't," I say, grabbing his wrist and making him stop.

"Sorry, Love," Levi says before wrapping his arm around my waist and kissing me on the lips, obviously 'marking his territory'.

I roll my eyes at Levi. "What do you mean 'were'?" I ask Jean.

"Well, when Mikasa told me you were gay, I kind of freaked out because I was in love with you at the time. I say 'were' because I'm not in love with you anymore."

I feel a wave of sadness, for some reason, wash over me. "Oh. Why did you bully me, though? Why didn't you just talk to me? I would've understood. I would've waited for you."

"I know, I just didn't want to get made fun of...I did it for my own selfish desires."

"I see..." I drift off at the end of the sentence, turning my head to look at Levi. His eyes are full of confusion yet sadness. "Levi? Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just have to go outside for some fresh air and take in that my boyfriend's bully who made his life a living hell used to be in love with him at the time that he was also in love with him. Also, my boyfriend practically just told him that he would've waited for him because he was that in love," Levi replies coldly before letting go of my waist and walking out the front door of the church.

I look at Jean with an apologetic look before running outside to look for Levi. I look around erratically before I see Levi sitting on some steps with his face in his hands. "Hey," I say quietly as I sit next to him, a fair distance away. "I'm sorry."

"I can't do this anymore."

"What do you mean you can't do this anymore?"

"Eren, I can't live with this constant fear that you're going to leave me. I can't live with this constant fear that you're not happy with me. I can't deal with the fact that you might not be over Jean yet. I don't want to lose you. I don't want to live with the fear that you may be using me to get to Jean. I can't do this...us."

"Levi, I'm tell you that you're not going to lose me. I'm not going. Not now, not ever. I love you, Levi. I love you and only you."

"And I'm telling you that I'm breaking up with you. We're done, Eren."

"But Levi-"

"-No, Eren. Don't talk to me."

"Fine," I say before standing and shoving my hands in my pocket and walk down the steps, away from the church and Levi.

It takes a while, a couple of hours I believe, to get back to my house. No, not Levi's or Kenny's house, the one where my father and his girlfriend are. Although, I'm pretty sure she and my dad broke up because when I got there, she wasn't here and my dad was pissed.

The moment I walked in, he slapped me across the cheek and asked me where I was and shit like that. He was probably too drunk to remember anything that happened that day.

Currently, I'm locked up in my room. My dad shoved me up here but it's not like I'm complaining...I'd rather be cooped up in my room instead of out and interacting with the human world.

I'll have to go back to school tomorrow, though, and I already know it's going to be a living hell. It's going to be too awkward for me to talk to Jean or Marco and Levi isn't going to talk to me. Mikasa is still mourning over Armin's death while Armin's grandpa takes care of her.