Chapter 16

(Levi's pov)

I wake up in the middle of the night to reach for Eren when I feel nothing. Anxiety comes over me and I quickly shoot up in my bed and my breathing starts to become erratic. "Shit, shit, shit," I mutter under my breath. I quickly put on a shirt and grab my shoes and run out of my house.

I run around my neighborhood trying to look for him and start to freak out more once I never found him. I go towards his house to see if he would be there, though I don't know why he would be there.

It's dark and I'm walking around and I hear mumbling. "It wouldn't be enough," It speaks. I stop. "Not today," It speaks again. My eyes widen once I hear it's Eren's voice. I look forward and to my right to see Eren sitting on a swing in a deserted park.

I reach him and I notice he's shaking as he looks on at the ground, his voice is shaky. "Eren?" I ask.

He looks up to me and his face is pale once again. All the hard work for nothing. "Hi," is all Eren says.

I sit down on the swing next to him. "Why'd you run off? I was worried sick."

"I didn't want to be a burden."

"Eren, I already told you that you weren't being a burden, come one, let's go back...Please," I plead, standing up from the swing before standing in front of Eren.

I put out my hand for him to take. He looks up to it, but doesn't take it. He looked back down to the ground, "I don't want to be a nuisance to you. You can leave me here. I'll be okay."

"Eren, I'm not leaving you in a park alone at 4:30 in the morning. You're coming back to my house...our house."

His head perks up once hearing what I said and grabs my hand. I pull him up. "Thank you, Levi. Thank you for caring for me. I can never repay you."

I peck him on the lips. "You don't need to."

"Levi, I-never mind."

"Hey, you can tell me anything."

"I'm not ready for that yet, sorry."

"You don't need to be. It's okay. You're okay. I promise."

"Thank you."

The rest of our walk home is pretty quiet with occasional small conversations. Eren and I walk with our fingers intertwine together. Everytime we hold hands, it feels so right, it feels so natural. It's like our fingers fit together like a puzzle. It's like my heart, too. There was this missing piece in my heart and I finally found the final piece. It was Eren.

(Eren's pov)

"Eren?" Someone asks and I look up to see Levi standing next to the swing.

"Hi," is all I say. Hell, it's all I could say, as he sits down on the swing next to me. His feet barely able to touch the ground.

"Why'd you run off? I was worried sick," He asks in a worried tone which made me feel guilty that I left him.

"I didn't want to be a burden," I reply shyly. I know he said I wasn't being a burden, but it couldn't help what I and the voice felt.

"Eren, I already told you that you weren't being a burden, come one, let's go back...Please," Levi pleads, standing up from the swing before standing in front of me.

He puts out his hand for me to take. I look up to it, but I don't take it. I look back to the ground. I was afraid. I was guilty. I was sad. "I don't want to be a nuisance to you. You can leave me here. I'll be okay," I finally say.