Chapter 14

(Eren's pov) (📝EDITED📝)

Levi and I finally arrive where the festival is being held with our hands linked together. I look around at all the glowing lights and lanterns and am in awe. There are rides on one side, and booths full of games and food and the other side. There are going to be fireworks tonight, which is why Levi and I decided to go tonight.

I have never been to a festival before, Mikasa always wanted me to go but I never felt like it. This year, it's different, I have Levi. I want to spend every minute with him. Levi os always there for me I he need it.

Ever since I found out about Levi's depression, I helped Levi in every way he could. We are both very grateful to have each other.

"Hey, Levi?" I speak quietly.

"Yeah?"

"I'm so glad to have you."

"Me too, Eren. Thankyou for helping me. Sorry I didn't tell you about my depression earlier, I was being a hypocrite."

I roll my eyes. "Really?" He says sarcastically.

Levi playfully nudges me. "Shut up."

"But seriously though, Levi...thank you so much. You're the greatest thing that's ever happened to me."

"And same here, Loverboy. Now, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know, I've never been to one of these things. What do you want to do?"

"My favorite thing was always just watching the fireworks, I always came here alone anyways."

"Then do you just want to wait until then?"

"But I want you to have a fun time."

"Levi, I agreed to come because I wanted to spend time with you. I don't care what we do, but since you always came alone, maybe you should actually try something. You can try the game booths."

"You're right."

Levi walks off with his fingers still in between mine. We are walking around for an hour or so doing activities and eating. Also, Levi finally got me to eat normally, and takes me out to go exercise so I can get my old body back.

Levi is so freaking amazing, I'm jealous. We're the "just friends" couple that pretends to not be dating when they're around the people that they know even though...we're really not a couple.

I know he's just doing it for my sake, but I'm doing it for his. It's not like I don't want to be with him, it's just that I don't want him to get bullied the way I do. I don't want him to go through what I went, and currently, going through.

The voice also hasn't been with me, hopefully it's gone for a little while longer. It's been really peaceful and I haven't cut. Yep, I'm a month clean, all thanks to Levi. All because he took me in his hands and became a part of my life. He made me happy.

Levi and I are sitting at a table eating candied apples when Petra sees us. She and Jade are the only two that really knew we are 'together but not'. She's been doing well to keep it, but I know for sure that she's just as jealous as I was when they always talked. I'm pretty sure she's in love with him and I'm not letting her steal Levi away from me. No one is going to steal away my happiness.

"Eren!" Levi calls out to me, snapping me out of my daze.

"Hm?"

"Do you want to go set up for fireworks, and do you mind if Petra tags along?"

"Oh, uh no, she can hang out with us, and sure."

"Okay, cool."

We stand up and walk around, trying to find a good spot to watch the fireworks. Once we did so, Petra put down the blanket that she just so happened to have on the ground. "It's a little small so not everyone will fit with a good amount of space, someone will have to sit on the grass," Petra says, probably trying to get me off, but of course I didn't want to be a burden so I volunteered.

"I can do-"

"-No, it's fine. You don't need to sit on the grass," Levi interiors me.

"But I'm not letting you sit on the grass and Petra brought the blanket so she shouldn't be the one to sit on the grass."

"I know."

"Then where am I-" I'm cut off by Levi grabbing my shirt and pulling me onto the blanket with him behind me. I start to blush. "But Levi, I'm taller than you."

"Then switch me."

"O-oh, okay."

I stand up, letting Levi scoot up in front of me and sit down behind him so he could sit between my legs. I put my arms to my side. He 'tch'ed and grabbed my arms, forcing them to go around his waist. "You shy little bastard," He chuckles.

"S-sorry," I reply shyly, putting my chin on his head. He looks at me so my face was right above his. He grabs my head, forcing it down so our lips connect. We linger in the kiss for a while before breaking apart.

"I have something to ask you," Levi replies.

My heart starts to flutter. "Y-yes?" I have a good feeling with this questions.

"Will you please do me the honors, of finally being my boyfriend?" The fireworks go off and illuminate our faces. I chuckle.

"What?"

"Nothing, just the irony."

A firework shoots up again. "Of what?"

"When we first met, you told me hated cliché things and this is probably one of the most cliché things you could do," I say, rolling my eyes.

"Tch, shut up you damn brat, what's your answer?"

"Uhmm...no."

He quickly shoots up. "No!?"

I laugh. "I'm kidding! Yes!" I finish pulling his lips onto mine.

"Tch, you actually had me worried there."

"I'm sorry, Levi. Forgive me?" I ask, putting my lip out in a pout and meeting his beautiful, silver blue eyes.

He kisses me on the lips for a couple seconds and lingers, slowly pulling away. "Of course."

(A/N: Sorry for the shorter chapter. The ending fit with the shortness so it's okay. Thank you for reading and once again lol I'm gonna keep promoting it, please read my other fan fiction, preferably the Eren x Reader, False Hatred on. Thank you!) (p.s., sorry for any unintentional mistakes)