Chapter 13

(Eren's pov) (📝EDITED📝)

I'm in the hospital right now. No, I'm not the one in the hospital. It's Mikasa. She saved my life by taking the bullet. She somehow managed to make it to me in time. The doctors don't know if she can make it. She's currently in surgery, they're trying to take out the bullet. 'This is your fault. It's all your fault. She saved her life for who? A useless piece of shit.'

I ignore it, however, it's right.

~flashback to like, idk an hour or two ago~

We walk out of Hot Topic and Petra is bragging about something, but I'm not really paying attention to what she's talking about. I'm staring off into space just thinking about how much my life has been better since I met Levi. I didn't expect myself to start liking Levi so soon. I'm pretty sure this has been our fourth day knowing each other. He has made such an impact on my life, that he doesn't understand. I love being around him. His presence makes me feel safe and special. He makes me feel wanted, he makes me want to live.

I snap out of my daze when Levi nudges me with his shoulder. "So?" He asks.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. What was your question?"

"I asked you if you were hungry."

"Oh, no, I'm not that hungry."

He raises an eyebrow at me and sighs. "You promised me you would start eating."

I sign and frown slightly. "Do you not trust that I'm not hungry?" And on cue, my stomach growls.

Levi rolls his eyes. "Yeah, you're a hypocrite. You're eating even if I to shove the food down your throat."

"Okay, mom," I chuckle.

"I mean it, Eren."

"Okay, sorry, Levi."

We are on the way to the food court when we hear a window break. The alarm goes off and we are all too confused to know what's happening. The others' instincts are to run, but I'm scared shitless. I stand still.

We hear a gun shot and I hear Levi call my name. I see the bullet coming my way and I just sit there. I close my eyes, waiting for the impact. I hear the noise of a bullet hitting someone, but it's me. I don't feel anything.

I do however, hear a painful scream that makes me cringe. I recognized that screen. But the last time I heard it was years ago.

I look down to see Mikasa with a pool of blood surrounding her. I'm wide eyed, "Oh my god, Mikasa. Mikasa! Mikasa?!" she doesn't answer me so I grab her bridal style and tells Levi to grab a cloth and put pressure on the gun wound.

We rush into Jade's car and make our way to the hospital, we quickly explain to the receptionist what happened to Mikasa and they quickly get a bed and put her on it.

We don't know what to do. We're all scared. I see Jean walk into the room. He's pale. "Jaeger, you know this is your fault, right!? If you didn't move out of the way, Mikasa wouldn't have jumped in to save your ass! This is your fault!" Jean yells at me.