Chapter 5 - Nightmare

When they stepped in the doorway, Leia was waiting for them. Ben set her down on her feet, her body sliding all the way down his as he put her down. If that didn't do something to him.....

"Where did you go? You can't just take her out there right now. Are you out of your mind! Half the men on this ship could have followed you here!"

"Mother. I am the Supreme Leader of the known universe. I'm not worried about half the men on this ship. Let them come. They would be coming to their own funerals. Although, I am telling you this now, Hux is not allowed to be near her, ever."

"Leia, I'm fine. We had a really nice talk on the observation deck. The view was magnificent. Thank you for your concern though."

She smiled at her.

"If you don't mind, I think I'm going to turn in."

She met Ben's eyes.

"Thank you Ben. I'll see you tomorrow." Alpha.

Ben's knees just about went out from under him when he heard that. Did she mean to send it, it or was it just a subconscious thought....

"Goodnight" Mesh'la (beautiful)

"Ben could I have a word with you please? Goodnight Rey."

Ben followed Leia to her room.

"What were you thinking, son? She's starting a heat, you can't expose her to anyone right now."

"I scented her, I couldn't help it. Hux noticed her condition. He embarrassed her by mentioning her heat. It was all I could do to keep myself from ripping him to shreds where he stood."

"Hux said something like that to her? He's challenging your authority again."

"He will be dealt with tomorrow in the training hall. He needs to be reminded of his place, and I intend to make things very clear."

"Well don't kill him, your control might be weakened by your imprint and we still need him for a little while longer."

"I can't make any promises. You should have seen her face."

"That's why I had to scent her, I don't trust that he will leave her alone. It should buy us another day or two to get to know each other better. As long as I don't scent her neck yet, it should give us more time."

Leia looked concerned.

"She's strong with the force too, Mother. We can already speak to each other's minds. So even though I thoroughly disagree with your methods, thank you, Mother. Thank you for bringing me the brightest star in the Cosmos, to be my bride."

Leia thought to herself, Stars...He's actually in love. When had he ever thanked her for anything before. She smiled.

"After I deal with Hux tomorrow at 1400, clear my schedule for the next two weeks, I'm taking her to Naboo."

"But Ben, she has to be taught how to interact with high society, languages, dancing, protocols. There's so much we need to prepare her for."

"As you said, she can't really be out and about on the ship right now. You can't just lock her up in here. It's better if I take her away, at least until she gets through her heat. There will be a wedding when we get back, surely she will already be carrying my children by then. Of course, you may plan for the wedding but do so quietly, I haven't even asked her to marry me yet.

My Boy's in love and he's getting married......

Leia could barely contain her joy at the news.