Chapter 15 - Revelation

Rulf stared at the screen in shock. They had both shifted into wolves. From the looks of it, they were both in pure wolf form, not Lycan or Hybrid form. He knew Rey might have held the Omni gene, because Raina had it. She had shifted into all three forms when he had mated with her, but for the Emperor to have it too, was ridiculously unlikely and also an irresistible asset to the pack.

He paced back and forth nervously, his mind flipping through different scenarios.

This changed things. Omni's could switch forms and switch their designations at will. They were so rare, and more powerful than any Alpha could ever hope to be. To have a breeding pair of them was a gift. The more Omni's in the pack, the stronger it would become.

He could not risk letting this opportunity pass. He formulated a plan, knowing this would likely squash any hope of gaining his daughter's trust. It couldn't be avoided. The pack had to come first, always.

Yes. Things had definitely changed. He could not afford to let themn go now.

————————-

Han dropped out of hyperspace. The Wulfsrudel loomed before him. Vader himself had cruised around in a ship like this. Kriff, this reminded him of the old days when they were always either running from or tracking down the Empire's Star Destroyers. He opened a Comm to Leia.

"Leia, do you read me?"

There was no answer.

"Leia?"

"Leia, it's Han, do you copy?"

Still nothing.

Han ran his hands through his hair, frustration eating him.

Great. Now he had to worry about Leia as well. He hadn't wanted to send her back alone and now she had likely gotten herself into some kind of mess as usual.

He opened a Comm to Chewie.

"Chewie, I'm sending you the coordinates of the Wulfsrudel. I need you to get them to Leia as soon as possible. She's not answering me. Her shuttle is enroute to the Supremacy."

He was interrupted by cannon fire. The destroyer was targeting him.

"Where are you Chewie? I'm coming to get you. I'm going to need your help. Keep trying Leia and let her know I was fired upon."

These were more than just warning shots. He tried to open a Comm to the destroyer but they would not answer him.

"Get ready Chewie, I'm coming to get you."

Han punched Chewie's coordinates in and jumped into hyperspace as a blast from the destroyers cannons narrowly missed the Falcon.

————————

Rey woke up in Ben's arms. They were still joined but had shifted back to their human form. She hated to move away from him, but she was thirsty again, parched. It was like being back on Jakku where there was never enough clean water to drink. She sat up. Ben stirred at the loss of her body, her warmth.

"What do you need, my sweetness?"

"I'm so thirsty again."

"Do you maybe want to eat too? I'll get you something."

He kissed her head before stepping away to the galley.

She noticed a bruise in the crook of her arm.

Huh. That wasn't there before...

Ben came back with some water and little pieces of fruit and toast for Rey.