Chapter 12 - Alpha Heaven

Rey woke up in a cage. A stainless steel barred box to be exact. She appeared to be in a lab of some sort.

She reached for Ben. There was no answer. Well, if she was alive, then he had to still be alive. At least that was something.

Still, the absence of him in her mind felt wrong, empty. She craved his scent and his body next to hers.

She didn't feel right. She needed her mate. Her Alpha would know what to do for her.

She sat down on the cot in her cell and held her head. She had a headache from being tranq'ed maybe.

She ran her fingers over her mark. It all seemed so unreal now.

Her ring was gone. Did she take it off on the ship? She couldn't remember.

She was still wearing her bedclothes. Her skin felt hot and too tight. Maybe she had a fever too?

She was very thirsty. There was water there and it smelled ok. She drank it.

A tear rolled down her cheek. She felt so emotional. She didn't feel like herself. Her insides felt empty. She curled up in a ball and wept.

——————

Ben was on a table. He was attached to medical equipment. There were multiple IV's in his arms and legs.

Strangely, he felt better. He reached out for Rey. What he saw when he touched her mind panicked him.

"Rey, are you all right?"

"Ben. Oh, Thank the Stars..." I thought we were going to die. I need you Ben, I don't know what's wrong with me. I can't seem to stop crying."

"I'm here, little Omega. Your Alpha is here. There is nothing to fear.

Kriff.

It was starting and he didn't even know where she was. She shouldn't be alone right now.

"Can you tell me where you are Ner dral ni'suum'ika? (My bright little star)

"I'm in a cage of some sort. It looks like a lab."

A cage. His anger rose quickly. No one would put his mate in a cage.

"I'm coming for you. I will find you."

He pulled all of the IV's out and sat up. He felt normal. The fatigue had left him. In fact he felt stronger than he had in a while.

He reached out with the Force. He didn't sense anyone. That was odd. There should have someone around.

He set out to find Rey.

They were on a ship. Her scent was very strong and it had changed, become richer, more intense.

He followed his nose.

He would find her. Nothing could stop him.

She was in heat.

——————

Rey was still curled up on her cot when she heard someone open the door to the lab.

A man in a white lab coat came in.

"Let me out of here! I need my mate!"

"All in due time, but I need to talk to you first."

"Who are you and where am I? Where's my mate? Is he alright? You injected him with something.."

"I am Rulf, a descendant of Eve Corvin, as are you. Your mate is fine and I will get to that in a moment."

She studied him. He was tall with wavy chestnut hair and hazel eyes. He didn't look cruel.