Hell House

We were driving through Texas when the idea popped into Dean's head. He glanced at Sam a few times as he picked up a plastic spoon and put it into Sam's mouth. I rolled my eyes, sometimes it seemed like they were more like children than I was. That was just before he took a picture and blared the music, "Fire...of unknown origins...took my baby away!" Dean sang obnoxiously. Sam jerked up and swatted at his mouth, Dean was probably smirking as he used the steering wheel as drums. Sam gave him a look as he turned down the music, "Ha ha, very funny," Sam deadpaned sarcastically. "Sorry, not a lot of scenery here in East Texas, kinda gotta make your own," Dean laughed. "Man we're not kids anymore Dean. We're not going to start that crap up again," Sam snapped, Blue barely even shifted. He'd fallen asleep a couple hours back. "Start what up?" Dean feigned confusion. "That prank stuff. It's stupid, and it always escalates," it sounded like Sam was trying to be the mature one, but explaining the entire thing to Dean just gave him ideas. "Aw, what's the matter Sammy, scared you're going to get a little Nair in your shampoo again huh?" Dean teased, a smirk on his face again. "All right, just remember you started it," Sam reminded, causing Dean to laugh again, "Ah ha, bring it on baldy." There was silence for a few seconds as Sam looked around, "Where are we anyway?" Dean hummed in thought, "A few hours outside of Richardson. Gimme the lowdown again?" he glanced in Sam's direction. Sam swiped the paper off the dash, "All right, about a month or two ago this group of kids goes poking around in this local haunted house," he read before Dean interupted, "Haunted by what?" Sam skimmed the paper for a moment, "Apparently, a pretty misogynistic spirit. Legend goes, it takes girls and strings them up in the rafters. Anyway this group of kids see this dead girl hanging in the cellar," Sam explained, that sounded gruesome... "Anybody ID the corpse?" Dean glanced over as I grabbed my blanket off of the floor, Blue was passed out against the window, the music didn't affect him. "Well, that's the thing. By the time the cops got there the body was gone. So cops are saying the kids were just yanking chains," Sam informed, "Maybe the cops are right," Dean muttered. "Maybe, but I read a couple of the kids firsthand accounts. They seemed pretty sincere," Sam glanced up at the road as he put the paper back on the dash. "Where'd you read these accounts?" Dean wondered. "Well, I knew we were going to be passing through Texas. So, umm, last night, I surfed some local...paranormal websites. And I found one," Sam sounded embarassed. Dean gave him a look, "And what's it called?" Sam cleared his throat, "HellHoundsLair.com," Sam answered quietly. Dean scoffed, I refrained from doing so. That even sounded stupid to me, "Lemme guess, streaming live out of Mom's basement." I could see Sam smiling from the rearview mirror, "Yeah, probably," he agreed. "Yeah. Most of those websites wouldn't know a ghost if it bit 'em in the persqueeter," what was a persqueeter? I didn't get the chance to ask, "Look. We let Dad take off. Which was a mistake, by the way. And now we don't know where the hell he is, so meantime we gotta find ourselves something to hunt. There's no harm checking this thing out," Sam defended. Dean sighed, "All right. So where do we find these kids?" Dean questioned as the scenery around us started to change into a town. "Same place you always find kids in a town like this," Sam pointed at a resturant full of people. As Dean pulled into a parking spot, I decided to ask, "Dean?" he turned to look at me after he put the car in park, "What's a persqueeter?" Sam huffed out a breath as he got out. "It means... It's another word for your behind." Dean told me before he opened his car door, "C'mon, let's get you something to eat." I nudged Blue, who only groaned as I got out. I guessed he'd be sleeping in here then... I held Dean's hand as he followed Sam to the resturant, there were tables outside and the building seemed to only be where staff were allowed. Dean left me at a table and bought me a chicken sandwhich before joining Sam in asking around.

We left about an hour later after Dean was satisfied, or rather annoyed. It seemed to be the later as he stopped at a music store, "We'll be back," he promised as he and Sam got out. I glanced to where Blue had been, when I'd gotten back into the car he wasn't there. So I sat in the car by myself and waited for the two to come back, which only took about twenty minutes. "We're gonna have to get a look at that house," was the first thing Sam said as he got into the car. I put my bookmark into my book and glanced at the two, Dean nodded his head, "She needs a motel room first." Sam turned his head to look at me, "You okay with that Chris?" he asked, I nodded my head and went back to my book. I heard Sam shift back to face the windshield as Dean started driving off. I'd seen a motel a couple minutes before Dean had parked at the music store.