The Past

Junipers P.O.V

Dream

"Get off of me!" I struggled to pry Clark's hands off me "Clark we aren't together anymore!"

"I'll be better this time I swear!" I had fallen for those baby blue eyes and sweet oaky voice for too long

"No you won't Clark" I pushed him as hard as I could to put some distance between us "you're a drunk. Where you find them is where you'll leave them, finding someone in a bar is never good news"

My hand made contact with the door knob and devil I had been dating for three years finally came out. Clark rushed forward and grabbed my hair, my heel dug into his groin, giving me another chance to get away.

I took my chances and lunged for the door, throwing it open and sprinting through our tiny apartment. I flew down the stairs to the lower level and down came Clark.

"Baby I'm sorry. Please come back. I won't do it again"

He..sounded sincere..no. That's how I got dragged in last time. I was getting tired, but I couldn't stop.

I pushed myself harder, my lungs burned with the cool November air. Quickly I glanced back to see if he was still there, he wasn't. My legs gave out and I fell to my knees on the sidewalk, breathing hard.

End Dream

I jolted awake, my body shaking, my eyes were wet and my throat was sore.

"Clark.." I whispered into the night, moonlight was streaming through my sheer grey curtains, faintly I could hear Andrew's music.

Still shaking, I got out of bed and crept down the hall, his light was still on so I knocked.

When Andrew opened the door he looked at me in shock, maybe I should have tried to look more presentable.

"June it's" Andrew paused to check his watch "1:45. What are you still doing up?"

"I..um..had a really bad dream..and I was wondering if I could hang out with you until I think I can sleep again.." without words he opened the door wider, this was the first time I had been in his room.

It was clean enough, his desk was a little messy and there was a shirt on the floor next to the bed, he probably took it off last night or something.

"I'm just editing for Shane, so it'll be pretty boring" he sat back down in his office chair as I sat on the edge of his bed.

"It's just the company I enjoy"

The silence between us grew as I watched him edit.

"Your cover on Vogue looks really pretty by the way.." Andrew said finally, my cheeks started to burn.

"I have a shoot with Playgirl tomorrow, it'll be the cover. I'm really nervous because I'll be pretty... pretty um.. exposed in front of everyone who sees the magazine" I stood and walked to the door "I'll be back"

My eyes were straining my because I don't have my contacts in so I had to get my glasses.

When I came back in Andrew looked up at me.

"I've never seen you in glasses. It's cute"

I sat down on his bed and leaned back on my hands, I don't know how long I sat there but I started to nod off.

"June.. June come on" Andrew picked me up bridal style and carried me to my bed, laying me down and covering me up.

He went to leave but I grabbed his hand, touching his hand made my heart beat faster.

"Could you stay.. just until I fall asleep?" My eyes weren't open but his hand got warmer, he was blushing.

"Yeah. Just let me go turn my light off" the smile in his voice was evident.

I almost fell asleep while he was gone but when he came in I heard my door click shut and the bed dip from his weight. The covers pulled back and then back up.

Without a single thought I rolled over and laid my head on his chest, Andrew was so stiff but eventually relaxed and wrapped one arm around my waist.

"Andrew.." I whispered, his chest vibrated with a "hm?"

"Thank you..for staying"

"What was the dream about anyway, ba... Juniper?" He asked while skimming his finger along my hair

"Just the past" my response was short, but I wasn't ready for him to know.

Andrews P.O.V

"Andrew.." June whispered, her voice paired with my name was a sin I swear

"Thank you..for staying" I adjusted my arm and started petting her hair softly.

"What was the dream about anyway, ba... Juniper?" I asked, wanting to actually rip all of my hair out you're actually stupid. You almost called her baby. She's cuddling you because she's obviously upset I mentally yelled at myself.

"Just the past" she responded, I was about to say something else when I felt her breathing change.

When I looked down I took her glasses off and saw the moonlight shining against her gorgeous dark hair. Suddenly the urge to kiss her over took me. But I couldn't, that's weird. The longer I gazed at her, the easier it was to ignore the reasonable part of my brain.

Shes asleep, she won't know. I thought while taking in all of her features.

Or what if she wakes up, that would be a weird thing to explain

I'm literally having a conversation with myself. What the fuck.

Before I had too much time to consider it I had already leaned down and planted a kiss on the top of her head. She shifted slightly but it gave me a clearer view of her face, she was smiling.

With a sigh I laid my head down, looking at her ceiling.

"I like you Juniper Lei Fair.. I like you a lot.. seeing you gives me butterflies.. your laugh is so contagious and your smile is infectious. But I'm too chicken to actually say it to your face while you're awake. I'll tell you soon.. I promise"

When I looked down at her, she was looking up at me with her eyes open.

"You just did"