Recovery

My time in the hospital was brief. I actually was allowed home the next day. By home I mean my house. My insurance took care of all the damage and everything was in tiptop shape.

Andrew wouldn't let me drive and wouldn't leave my side. The squad came up to see me yesterday and when I entered my house a cake was waiting on me along with the squad. Their cheering hurt my head but we all ate cake and filmed anyway.

They all hovered over me to make sure I was okay and blah blah blah. I felt fine, breathing hurt because of my ribs, but I wasn't too bad.

The night was filled with me being filmed for Shane's channel and lots of cake. I mean lots. I'm not objecting, cake is better than sex.

I couldn't drink because of medical reasons or what the fuck ever. So instead we all got a slice of cake and sat in the living room, watching my favorite movie of all time Coraline.

Yeah it's a kids movie. But it's just so good! After the cake and Coraline Andrew pulled Shane to the side and they began talking in hushed voices.

Andrews P.O.V

"So listen" I said to Shane once we were a good distance away from everyone "when June heals I'm taking her on a vacation. So is there anything I can do to get some extra cash this week? I'll edit Rylands videos but I could use the money. She's had a rough time and.." my gaze shifted over to her, legs crossed, glasses on, eyes focused on the green with a piece of cake poised near her mouth.

"And she could just use a break" I finished and looked back at Shane who was smiling.

"Listen. You do so much for me, and Garrett that I'll talk to him and we'll just give you some money"

"No.. Shane really.." but Shane was already motioning Garrett over.

Shane explained the situation and Garrett was all for it.

"Oh yeah" Garrett said "she deserves it, you deserve it. It'll be a nice getaway for both of you"

In the end I received an extra $3,000 to the $5,000 that I already had saved up. Plus Shane had a video in between so I'll get another paycheck. The vacation was just two weeks away and I couldn't be more excited.

That night after everyone left and Juniper was doing the dishes, I came up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Shit!" June swore as she jumped and dropped a plate in the sink.

"I'm sorry. Let's go to bed, you can do those tomorrow" I spun her around and instantly got lost in her chocolate eyes.

"Hey... Andrew?" She whispered, snapping me out of my trance

"Yes, June?" I responded, pulling her closer, getting a bit excited at our closeness.

But then--it was ruined. She put her wet, soapy hands on my cheeks and then kissed my forehead, walking upstairs.

I knocked on her bedroom door in a few minutes and when I opened it she was pulling one of my t-shirts over her head.

God her body is amazing I thought to myself, quickly the room seemed to heat up.

"Hey um.." I didn't know what to say but when she turned around and started walking to me my whole body began to feel like Jell-O.

"Andrew" her voice was loose yet serious "kiss me" that's all she said. No explanation, no detail. Just..kiss me.

"What.." I was confused yet I took a step near her and tilted her head up, without it her eyes are at my chest.

With two fingers under her chin and her hair tucked behind her ear I leaned down slightly, barely a centimeter between our lips. So close that when I spoke they brushed and sent electricity racing through my body.

"Kiss me" she pleaded again, so softly that had I not been so close I would have missed it.

"Are..you sure?" The gentleman inside of me just wated to ensure that this is what she wants.

My question was answered as her lips connected with mine. Soft and plump. The kiss was the lightest I had ever experienced. Like a feather brushing against my mouth. I didn't want it to end so I wrapped both arms around her waist and pulled her closer, June's arms snaked around my neck and played with my hair, crossing it between her fingers.

Slowly she began to walk backwards and I followed, our lips never parting. When her legs hit the bed she fell so she was laying down, I laid next to her, not wanting the bit of innocence left to disappear altogether.

"June" the way I said her name as our fingers brushed together between us wasn't in the form of a question or a statement. Not in a moan and not in a whisper.

"Andrew Siwicki" the way she said my name was trailed off, she had more to say "Andrew Siwicki.. I think.. I think I love you"

That was the most surprising thing I think I had ever heard.

"Andrew you're all I think about..the whole time with Clark.. you're all I thought about. I see you in my dreams and look forward to seeing you when I wake. I understand if you don't feel the same or you aren't ready to say it, but I feel it. I feel it resonating in my bones. I feel it so strongly that sometimes I just look at you and get lost in the amazing human being that you are"

June paused and took a deep breath, I had sat up and leaned on my elbows, looking at the moonlight reflect off of her deep brown eyes.

"Not only are you amazing to look at; you're amazing to talk to. You're so funny and sweet and sarcastic..you know when to be serious and how to make me feel better. Andrew I may very well...love you.."

June sat up, looked back at me and that's when I noticed the tears welling up in her eyes.

"June.. honey" I took her face gently, a hand on each cheek "I've wanted to tell you that for so long..but you said it so much better" gently I pecked her lips and brought my hands to hers.

"Juniper Lei Fair. Will you be my girlfriend? I will love and care for you forever. No one will ever hurt you again"

The response I got was also shocking. Instead of saying yes or no, she pulled me down and laid her head on my chest. I was a bit hurt that she didn't answer, but as soon as I began to drift to sleep she traced the word yes on my stomach with her finger.