This Isn't Real

The apartment that was provided for us was.. small. It was one bathroom, one bedroom, the kitchen was small and connected to the living room. The man who drove us was our guard.

He posted outside of the door as soon as Andrew shut the door behind us. I stood in the small, drab living room and looked around. The carpet was grey and had cigarette holes in it in some places. The couch was tan and we didn't even have a tv. We couldn't use our phones because social media might target our location.

Luckily in the bag I packed, I brought a book. A book of Penny Dreadfuls. But I wasn't much in the mood to read right now. Neither Andrew or I said anything for a long time. We just looked around.

"I'm gonna go shower. Wanna come?" When I said this Andrew took a physical step back and started to say something but was too flustered to say any real words

"We're going to be spending a lot of time together anyway" I shrugged and started towards the bathroom "I won't judge" then I shut the door and started undressing.

When the water was hot I stepped in and then the door opened. The shower wasn't glass like I was used to. It was a regular curtain.

My head was dipped under the water as I rinsed shampoo from my hair but nonetheless I knew he was in with me, the cold air of the curtain being pulled back was a more than clear indication.

After I was through rinsing we switched spots so I was conditioning my hair while he was shampooing his.

"I've never showered with anyone before" Andrew said while massaging his scalp, his excitement was evident but I didn't feel odd about it. I kept my eyes to myself and went about my business.

We switched again and started washing our bodies. I finished first and brushed past him to step out, wrapping my hair in a towel and one around my body tucked in at my breasts.

When I got dressed in the bedroom I put on panties and one of his shirts, which hung off of my small frame and brushed against my thighs. With my hair in a towel I started reading, when Andrew came out he got dressed and sat next to me, then I began to read aloud.

Time skip *3 days*

Shane's P.O.V.

Garrett was over and we were all watching Wendy Williams. Well. I was scrolling through Twitter because I had already seen the episode.

Neither Andrew nor June had posted in a few days, which was normal for Andrew but not for June.

"Hey has anyone heard from Andrew or Juniper?" I asked while looking at everyone.

There was a simultaneous no or shaking of heads.

So I called June and Garrett called Andrew. Both went straight to voicemail.

"Maybe we should go over there" Ryland said

"Yeah this is pretty unlike them" Morgan agreed

So the squad, or most of it, loaded into the G and we started for Junipers house.

Her Range Rover was in the driveway but not like it's usually parked, June is too organized to park it differently.

"Something isn't right" I said and typed in the passcode. It didn't work.

"She changed the passcode?" Garrett asked with concern and hurt laced through his words.

"Maybe they went on vacation?" Morgan said but it came out as more of a question.

"I doubt it. June would be posting it" Ryland said "plus her car is still here"

"We...need to go talk to someone" Shane said and Ryland sped out from her house and to the sheriff's department.

"Hi um yes" I started while everyone else sat on a nearby bench "two of our friends aren't answering and we just went to their house, the passcode has been changed and it just seems off" the lady was nodding as I spoke

"And their names?"

"Juniper Fair and Andrew Siwicki" the lady was typing and clicking things

"Well. I can't tell you where they are. But. The house they reside in was broken into a few days ago and now they're in protective custody" the lady folded her hands and rested her chin on them.

Instinctively I turned my head to the squad and saw their faces in as much shock as I probably was.

"U..uh..thank you"

We left the sheriff's department and got into the car, all of us feeling the same thing but in different magnitudes. For example: Morgan wasn't really that upset because she hardly knew June. Garrett was really upset because Andrew and June are two of his best friends.

Junipers P.O.V

"Hey could you get us some Starbucks?" I held out our order to the guard and shut the door.

He said if we needed anything to just ask. Well. I need Starbucks. Andrew and I had finished the only book I brought so a lot of laying in bed happened. We snuck out a few times. Usually around 11 PM we'd sneak out and go for a walk.

These three days have been the longest I'd ever experienced. Andrew and I aren't official but pretty damn close.

We're inseparable, however I have no one else to talk to soo. We sleep together, show together, we do origami together. Pretty much everything.

Once we get home we'll need a vacation from each other. It's ridiculous. However we're not tired of each other yet. I mean I'm not at least.

Our guard came back with our drinks and delivered them to us.
Andrew and I thanked him, cheersed our clear, plastic cups and sipped on our coffee.

After just a few moments I started to feel dizzy, Andrew did too I could tell. I put the drink down and reached for him, only to fall and hit my head on the corner of the coffee table.

Slowly I opened my eyes, lights flashed over head and instantly gave me a headache so I shut my eyes again. The voices I heard were muffled. My left temple hurt badly and felt sticky when I touched it.

Open your eyes June said a small voice in my head open your eyes. OPEN YOUR EYES JUNIPER!

My eyes snapped open, my headache increased as I saw my guard looming next to me shoulder.

Slowly I sat up, the thing I was sitting on was cold, dusty and hard. The floor. A stone floor.

"Hello my sweet" a voice to my right said, slowly I turned as to not upset my head more "you took quite the tumble"

A sharp ringing filled my head to block out the heavy Australian accent I heard that wasn't my own.

"Cl.. Clark.." I mumbled, holding my head "where's Andrew?" no longer caring about my head I looked around.

"He's well taken care of" Clark assured me with snake venom in his eyes

"Andrew!!" I screamed his name and heard my voice echo all around "where the fuck am I?" My head hurt so badly that I began to see spots.

"No place to worry your pretty damaged head about"

"Tell me where Andrew is" I lunged at him but was held back by a loud clatter, when I looked at my ankles I saw that they're shackled to the ground.

"He's exactly where you left him. In that pathetic apartment. He's there"

"Did you hurt him you sick son of a bitch?" My voice was toxic, more toxic than it had ever been.

"Did I? I don't remember" Clark looked at my previous guard "Henry did I hurt Andrew?"

Henry shrugged.

"Looks like no one knows" Clark walked to a door and left, I looked up at Henry and glared.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I spat

"I just do what he says" the more I talked to Henry, the less he answered.

All of the walls were grey like the floor. One wall was metal, I squinted trying to make it out without my glasses.

"A storage container" I said aloud. Henry said nothing.