13

[siyeon]

after cutting contact with haechan, we rarely talk in school. eunbi would always be next to him, and would literally give any girls who tries to talk to haechan a death glare. because of that, i felt down everytime i see them lovingly together. what makes me upset was the fact that haechan does not shove eunbi away when she sits on his lap. i could always feel my heart breaking into a million pieces when i see haechan's smile as he looks into eunbi's eyes.

'ring ring...' the recess bell had rung. everyone walked out of the classroom to the canteen, and i was not an exception. before leaving the classroom with jeno and raena, i took a quick glance at haechan, who happened to be staring at me. i looked away almost immediately as we walked to the cafeteria.

jeno
SIYEON
SIYEON SIYEON
SIYEON SIYEON SIYYYYEEEOOOOON

siyeon
yes JENO
what do you want

jeno
wanna go to 7-11 and grab some ramen 🤗

siyeon
u bet i am

jeno
alright
meet u at 7 ;)

due to the fact that haechan is no longer hanging out with us, i have gotten really close to jeno. even closer than we used to be. we walk home together everyday, and study for the upcoming end of years at cafes together. and now, we even go on random sneakouts at the convenience store

upon reaching, jeno was already there, sitting at a vacant table. i ran up to him and slapped his back which resulted in him whining in pain. we then went to get our noodles and drinks before settling down.

we started talking about anything. and when i say anything. it meant literally anything. from our earlier math class, or what we ate for lunch. perhaps it's these little random chats that made me less lonely without haechan around.

'siyeon?' jeno called out as we were slurping our noodles

'hm?' i hummed as response

'are you interested in anyone at the moment?' he questioned with his eyes looking at his ramyeon. i looked at him confused.

'what do you think about... me?' there was an awkward silence before jeno asked timidly as he stared into my eyes. his usual eyesmile was gone, and i knew that meant that he was absolute serious. i laughed awkwardly and scratched my head as i replied, 'jeno, you're a really good friend to me and you honestly have helped me alot in these past years of our friendship, but i dont feel the same way to you... im sorry'

jeno chuckled and said, 'i should have expected it. you still love haechan am i right? ever since from the past too?'

'from the past?' i asked, confused.

jeno seemed to realise he accidentally spurted out words he should not have said as he apologised, 'forget what i said, let's just eat'

———

a/n: this chapter is really short but i hope its okay ^^