21

[haechan]

after hearing what siyeon said about eunbi, i got suspicious. i called jeno, jaemin and renjun and they agreed to find out who the culprit is with me. earlier during lunch, i overheard eunbi calling someone, saying she'll meet him. hence after school today, we decided to follow her.

we were following her as discreetly as possible as she walked to gangnam. i saw her entering an abandoned house behind the parking lot. that was when i got curious. we quickly caught up with her. as the door closed on her, we stuck our ears to the walls of the exterior.

i could hear conversation. between eunbi, and a guy? not soon after, the guy left. the four of us hid behind the trees. after ensuring that he was gone, we went back to the house. only to see and hear eunbi screaming and crying hysterically. it was a shocking sight, but what she said really shocked us.

'a-ARGH!'
'KIM SIYEON, YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED!' 'YOU RUINED ME, YOU–'

'KANG EUNBI!' i yelled. i couldnt believe my ears, nor could the rest. how could she spit out such inhumane words? wanting someone to die? she was insane. no, she was fucking insane! jeno immediately dialled the police.

the look in eunbi's eyes wavered as she looked from me to the rest. her mouth was trembling as she knelt down helplessly on the floor. 'i-im sorry... please dont come near me... please dont look at me...' she whispered as she backed away from us.

'were you the one who caused siyeon's accident?' i asked, my pulse increasing rapidly. i knew eunbi didnt like siyeon, but not until this extent.

'n-no... NO I DID NOT DO ANYTHING' she sheieked as she grabbed onto her hair. she continued backing away until she hit a dead end. her hand wandered around before grabbing a knife from the ground. she held it against her neck.

'eunbi, no! i did not mean for you to kill yourself, i just wanted to learn the truth, and why you did it!' i told her. trying to be calm. renjun was panicking as eunbi was this close to killing herself.

'you ask me why? when all you did was look at her throughout the nine months we were dating! you never paid attention to me, never listened to me, all your smiles to me were fake, unlike to siyeon! what does she have that i dont? why does someone like her get to be with you? why cant i be like her...' she cried out, with the knife still firmly gripped, resting against her neck.

i covered my mouth in shock. so all these, were because of me? i was the sole reason of everything that has occured? from siyeon's accident eight years ago, to this accident too? i hate myself. i caused this much pain to people around me, and yet i was oblivious about it

just then, the police rushed in, armed with weapons. eunbi was in disbelief as she asked, 'you even called the police? ha... im really nothing to you. aint i'

as the police handcuffed her and brought her out of the room, my knees felt weak as i fell to the ground. the boys ran to me almost immediately.

i was such a dick... and i hurt so many people... i deserve it all, i really do...

[siyeon]

after recovering and got the leg cast removed, i managed to attend school once again. the night before, haechan texted me and told me he would pick me up for school.

after i washed up and had my breakfast, i grabbed my bagpack and headed out of the door, greeted by a haechan leaning against the window. 'hey' i greeted, 'yo' he greeted back. we then proceeded to school together.

'siyeon!' chaeyoung called out as we just entered the school compound. haechan waved goodbye to me as he walked to his friends. 'hey chaeyoung, its been long' i said as i gave her a quick hug. 'are you fine already? like 100% recovered?' she questioned in which i nodded. she smiled as she clung onto my arm and we headed to homeroom together.

regarding eunbi, well, she was going to be expelled from school, and admitted into jail. she received the punishment she deserved, as well as the guy who was involved too. but still, i wanted to meet her.

after the school day, i had arranged to meet eunbi at the police station. as i headed into the cell, i saw her looking at her fingers. once she saw me, she started fidgeting. i sat down promptly.

at the start, it was filled with awkward silence. but soon, eunbi was the one who spoke up first.

'siyeon, im sorry for all ive done. from pushing you against the lockers, to asking you to stay away from haechan, and getting someone to crash into you. im really sorry. i was blinded by love and greed which made me do such things. i guess i was just jealous of you. thankfully you did not suffer from major injuries, if not i would have killed myself as well. i know i dont deserve to wish for you to forgive me, i just wanted to apologise to you for all ive done' after saying her piece, she stood up, preparing to leave the visiting cell.

i stood up as i said, 'i wont forgive you, but please know that there are many more reasons for you to live, many more existences you are going to encounter. i really hope you can turn over a new leaf and start afresh. i guess this would be the last time im seeing you, goodbye'

with that, i left. not just the visiting cell, but also all my enmity and hatred.

a/n: i think this will be the second last chap ahahah