19

[siyeon]

'that would be a total of $7.60, thank you' the cashier said as she passed me the bag of snacks. i handed her the cash and headed out the store. looking at the opposite, i could see haechan. he waved to me and i waved back. i was about to head to him when i saw blinding lights heading towards me. followed by a loud screech.

i felt light, as if i was being knocked against. as i laid flat in the middle of the road, i let out a drop of tear as i clutched onto my necklace with the anchor and 'S' and 'D' engraved on it. unknowingly, i muttered, 'h-haechan' before darkness engulfed me.

[haechan]

'SIYEON!'

as the scene in front of unfolded, without a second thought, i dashed to siyeon. all the vehicles on the road halted, all the people around stopped in their tracks as their eyes floated to the unconscious girl laying on the ground.

with tears streaming down my face, i knelt down to siyeon as i held her weak and petite body. blood was oozing out from her head.

'ambulance, please, SOMEONE CALL THE AMBULANCE' i shrieked as i held siyeon's head, trying to get her to respond to me. a teenaager upon hearing my plea, whipped out his phone and dialled 995.

'siyeon? please dont scare me, please be okay, please' i begged as i held her hand to my face. i swear, please dont let this be the second time.

'haechan! what happened? how is siyeon?' i heard someone rush into the waiting area. turning around, i saw our homeroom teacher and some other teachers looking flustered and anxious. 's-she was involved in a hit-and-run a-accident. the doctor just br-brought her in' i told them as my voice cracked due to my overwhelming emotions

ms kim walked to me and patted my back, 'im sure siyeon will be fine, she's a strong girl' i forced a small smile as i nodded. i believe in siyeon. i always will.

seconds later, the gang arrived. sooyoung and raena had tear-stained faces while the guys were perplexed and worried. jeno, although largely affected by the incident too, sat next to me as he comforted me. 'siyeon will be okay. i promise'

after what seemed like an eternity, the doctor came out of the surgery room. everyone rushed up to him as he took a quick look at his clipboard. 'the patient although lost a lot of blood, she's still in a stable condition, you dont have to worry. but we dont know when she will become conscious, or whether she will suffer from amnesia, so it may take some time for her to be discharged from the hospital.'

memory loss? again? although i was glad and relieved that siyeon was not in any life-threatening situations, the fact that i may be erased from her memories again scared me.

-flashback-

10years ago, siyeon and i were just 9. we were the best of friends considering we were friends since 3. we spend almost everyday together, considering the fact that our parents are close too. but one day i had to leave with my parents for america.

'donghyuck-ah' my dad called out as we were at the dining table having dinner

'yeah?' i looked up from my plate and saw both dad and mum looking at me seriously.