14

[siyeon]

'what do you think about... me?'

'jeno, you're a really good friend to me and you honestly have helped me alot in these past years of our friendship, but i dont feel the same way to you... im sorry'

'i should have expected it. you still love haechan am i right? ever since from the past too?'

'from the past?'

could i possibly have know haechan since the past? its impossible, right?

after jeno dropped me off at home, i ran up to my bedroom. i got out my school yearbook to search for haechan but to no avail. i even got out my boxes full of items from my childhood. as i rummaged through everything, i found a small pink box. i opened it to reveal a necklace with an anchor, with the letters 'D' and 'S' engraved on it. who's D?

just then, i felt my head throb. i quickly got out my painkillers as i grabbed my cup of water and swallowed them down. its been long since i had headaches like this.

ever since the car accident in which i was involved in near eight years ago, i was prescribed with medicines to take for when i am in pain. what is this feeling i have right now? pain? confusion? guilt?

'siyeon,' i heard someone call out from the hallways.

i turned around and saw haechan walking towards me. i looked around him and couldnt find eunbi. i was confused as i give him a weird look. 'if you're looking for eunbi, she has remedial classes to go to' he replied, as if able to read my thoughts. my mouth formed an 'o' shape as i asked him, 'yeah, did you have something you wanted to talk about?'

haechan nodded promptly as he asked, 'are you free today? can we meet at your cousin's cafe?'

'alright, i'll meet you there' i replied as i gave him a small smile before i walked away.

[haechan]

for the rest of the school day, my mind was occupied with the small 'date' with siyeon. i know it wasnt a date, but its been way too long since i actually spent time with her. just then, someone appeared next to me which mads my train of thoughts halt

looking up, i saw eunbi staring at me with her eyes full of mascara and fake lashes. oh yeah, how could i forget? she's the reason why me and siyeon drifted. 'haechannie, can we go on a date today?' she asked in a high-pitched cutesy tone. ugh, fuck this. now i have to give her a reason on why i cant go out with her. 'uh, im going to the arcade with the boys today, im sorry' i apologised as i gave her a fake smile. she pouted as she walked away from my seat. phew, that was tiring.

[siyeon]

upon reaching the cafe, i spotted haechan sitting at a corner. i walked up to him as he looked up and smiled. 'you're here! i ordered the drinks already'

'you remember what i like?' i asked, amused

'cotton candy frappe aint it?' he answered. i cant help but smile at his words. even after these months of not hanging out, he still remembers what i like.

and for the rest of our time there, we spent time catching up on all our things. honestly, it felt good, i've never felt this relaxed in ages. and it feels as if a stone in my heart has been lifted. i felt happy, genuinely happy, spending my afternoon just talking about life with haechan in the cafe.

how i wish,

wish everything could stay like this.

a/n: pls pardon my mistakes and like commenf and vote!! 🥺