o. if walls could talk

TRACK 01
IF WALLS COULD TALK
some things are
meant to be secret

PETER PARKER STROLLED DOWN THE FAMILIAR STREETS OF QUEENS, EMPTY BACKPACK SITTING ON HIS BACK. You walked beside him, a pile of school books stacked in your hands. You didn't want to take a detour because of the fact that you still had your backpack piled to the brim with homework and projects left to do; but at this point, it wasn't an option. Peter turned a corner, going into the alleyway behind the newly abandoned RadioShack.

"You seriously can't go here without me?" You groaned, shoulders dropping. Peter shrugged off his backpack, the grey cloth falling to the concrete. He scrambled towards the dumpster, quickly throwing himself inside. You cringed at the thought of him being smothered in the garbage.

"Not really, I need you to help carry the things I find!" Peter's happy voice came out of the dumpster, throwing numerous papers out. You raised your eyebrows, fairly confused as to why he brought you here with the state you were in. He popped his head up from the rather large container, holding up a keyboard. Peter frowned when he noticed you had your hands already full of school books.

You let out a sigh, setting your books on the ground, making sure you weren't scratching them. The blue backpack you had dropped to the ground too, holding out your hands for him to place the keyboard in. He sympathetically smiled at you, feeling bad that you had to help him when he simply could have asked Ned to say so. But he wanted to simply spend time with you, considering he was absolutely smitten with you.

Ever since you had moved into the vacant apartment next to the Parker's, the two of you had bonded immediately, swiftly becoming friends in a matter of only two days. Your feelings had soon developed only a mere few months ago, for both sides of the friendship. Peter desperately wanted to ask you out, but he was simply waiting for the right time.

"Okay, let me just grab a few more, and then we can leave. Promise!" Peter dived down once again. After about five more minutes of shuffling around garbage and electronics, he resurfaced with a few more out-dated electronic pieces in his hands. You gladly took them, wanting to get back to Peter's apartment and study. It felt weird saying that sentence inside your head. "I'm sorry for dragging you here, I just needed a few things."

Now, it was your turn to frown, placing the electronics in Peter's vacant backpack. You picked up your own, getting back to your books. "You confuse me, Peter," you started to turn around, leaving Peter scrambling to slip on the backpack and follow you. "Maybe that's why I like you so much."

"W-what?" Peter stuttered, trying to keep up with your fast walking pace. You bit the inside of your cheek, trying to suppress the small smile that was starting to form on your lips.

Your head hit the booksーliterally. Peter put both of his hands on the side of your head, pulling your gaze up from the crease of your math book to his own eyes. Tomorrow was the beginning of spring break, which meant horrifying exams before you were able to enjoy your small vacation in your own home. Peeling your eyes open, your lips pulled back to reveal a small, sleepy smile.

"I told you we shouldn't have stayed up studying until three dude," Peter pushed a stray piece of your hair behind your ear. His little moon night light was softly illuminating his room, outlining his rare curls perfectly.

Dude?

"Not my faulーnever mind it is my fault," a small laugh left your throat, stretching your arms out. Peter yawned, you shaking your head at him when you felt your own creeping up on you. Instead of plainly taking a mere thirty steps to your family's apartment across the hallway, you wrapped Peter's comforter around your cold body, ready to get a little bit of sleep.

He placed the textbooks and notebooks on his desk, placing one hand and foot on the ladder of his bunk bed. Peter's body stopped moving as soon as he felt your touch on his hand, giving you a curious look.

You tightened the grip the comforted had on your body. Stealing a glance at his window, you remembered that his window had been stuck open for quite a bit now, and he had yet to get it fixed. "I'm freezing, the least you could do is join me and help your best friend not become hypothermic. God, you have to get your window fixed." Peter laughed once again, happily obliging and getting under the covers with you.

You just friend-zoned your own self. How did you even manage to do such a thing?

For once, his muscles didn't tense up, not seeming worried that he was fairly close to the girl he was absolutely smitten with. However, if his blue-painted walls could talk, he would go and crawl in a hole. Barely a week ago, he was talking to himself about you. He sat in front of his mirror, remembering all the details you housed. 

Peter admired everything about you, and him being extremely close to you allowed him to see features he had never noticed before, like the opaque freckles that happened to be littering the bridge of your nose and below your eyes. He noticed the way the color in your eyes faded from dark to light as it reached your pupil. He even noticed the way one of your eyelashes went in a different direction than the others.

Peter cleared his throat when he realized your colored eyes were staring back up at him. He shifted uncomfortably, hoping that he hadn't been staring for too long.

"That was so embarrassing, I'm so sorry," he ran his hands down his face, jutting his bottom lip out. Your eyebrows curved with sympathy, hardly ever getting the chance to see him fill with emotions like sadness or a nervous state that often. Carefully prying his hands away from his face, you reassured that it was more than alright. You often did the same, but you doubt he ever noticed.

"It's okay, Pete," you smiled. His eyes lit up, the event usually only happening whenever he had an idea. His arm moved from his side to around your shoulders, bringing you as close as you had ever been. It was fairly unusual for him to be this confident, so you believed it was a burst of adrenaline or maybe the fact that he really did have mutual feelings for you.

A part of you wanted to believe that he did, but of course, your mind always has to bring up the what if's.

What if he doesn't like you back? What if he doesn't even like you as a friend? What if everything is messed up?

"Go to sleep, y/n. We don't want to waste all our studying by being sleep-deprived." Peter pointed out, resting his head on the top of yours. In reply you nodded, closing your eyes and letting out a sigh. Peter's fingers delicately combing through your hair immediately put you to sleep, and it made him grin, absolutely adoring you.